Author Topic: Storage :D  (Read 817 times)

Liquify

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Storage :D
« on: August 13, 2009, 03:45:21 pm »
A lot of players have 'mule' alts, used to carry all the stuff that they cannot/don't want to carry.  Instead of creating a charcter used for Just carrying stuff, i would suggest a storage house.

Here's my idea:
A guild house, open to the public, much like the Octarchal place near the tavern.  This guild house would have (Chests, crates, etc) assorted in the house.  These (Chests, creates, etc.) would lock with a key. 
How could you aquire one of these said keys?  You would have to buy them from a GM, much like you do when you buy a guildhouse.

Benifits:
-Something useful to spend tria on.
-Some people just need the extra space
-No more having to create another character just to carry stuff.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Storage :D
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:15:17 am »
I would enjoy having something like this, too. While I don't mind using alts, it doesn't make sense, roleplay-wise, to have a character whose sole purpose in life is to hang onto things for another character.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 02:10:06 am »
We do have a "bank", although it only works for money atm but I think it's planned to be used it for items too ;)

It depends on the player if he wants to give his alt a background history and maybe even roleplay it from time to time.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:11:43 am by Morla Phlint »

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Marqsaynt

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 03:52:53 am »
We do have a "bank", although it only works for money atm but I think it's planned to be used it for items too ;)

It depends on the player if he wants to give his alt a background history and maybe even roleplay it from time to time.

What is this "roleplay" I keep hearing you people talk about and what quest gives it? Does it boost stats?

Yeah, as far as I know a bank is already in the works but just isn't quite ready to handle storing items yet. I do think having a good ol' brick-and-mortar building for the bank (or at least the bank teller) would make sense. I mean, if private guilds can own a building wouldn't a financial institution?

kaerli2

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 06:56:46 pm »
That, and containers are VERY funky at the moment anyway.  They need fixing...*hands Oomi her stomping boots back*.

hulla

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 07:23:36 pm »
Hello all
having an "alt" (or manny alts) a guildhouse a bank system or a container or everything else dont change the "problem" in this game you can have MANNY items you just need to learn how to sell/give/let on the ground  what you have (but not my silverwave dager !
in the past she's so mervellous !and my "of sed" and my and my and my ...) :)

Liquify

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 09:47:12 pm »

Yes, i understand we have a bank.  I'm not new ;)  I actually know you Morla ;)
Anyways, A bank that stores items doesn't make as much sense as a storage unit of some sort.
I'd much rather have the storage :D

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 09:50:58 am »
Yes, i understand we have a bank.  I'm not new ;)  I actually know you Morla ;)

How am I supposed to know? If you know me, care to tell me who you are?

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 01:23:36 pm »
It's Allola, plz.

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much