Author Topic: Jessamine's Dinner Party.  (Read 546 times)

Jessamine

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Jessamine's Dinner Party.
« on: July 12, 2016, 10:08:09 pm »

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Jessamine's Dinner Party.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 06:57:13 pm »
Yay! Great! Count me in! And as for help, you know you don't even need to ask ;-)

Gaheris

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 07:04:56 am »
Hi Jessamine,

Great invitation, from a excellent cook/baker. I'll really try to attend.

Regards,
Gaheris Silverhair
Commander in Iron Claw
http://planeshift.teamix.org/myplane/profile/Gaheris_Silverhair/

Echoes91

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 10:45:05 am »
Lyosh will do his best to be in town and also to provide some game to be cooked!
[Unfortunately I am unlikely to connect at 20:00 CEST, fated to miss events like the weekly market :-\]

Aeghiss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Hopefully my English grammar is flawless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 07:21:52 am »
Hello Jessamine.
I'd be glad to help you hosting this party. I think I can call myself a talented cooker - if you want some help - and a decent baker.
I'm also a decent brewer still training his skill, and I can supply you with kegs of melomel, beers and ciders.

I also have a question : have you thought to Krans? It would be sad for kra not being able to enjoy the event out of lack of proper food.
If you need help for that last point, it is again something I may help you with... If you can find a miner to get me ingredients, because I'm running out of stock.

Please return me a groffel with your answer.

Aeghiss Rubinhertz.

[Unfortunately I will probably have to stay in kitchen if you accept my help : I surely won't be able to log in that sunday... ]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:40:41 am by Aeghiss »
Aeghiss Rubinhertz, Ynnwn student at the University of Yliakum.
Melodria Palir, Enkidukai would-be Graalahkam-maarhe.

Apener

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 07:32:30 pm »
I'll be there.

Apener

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 07:33:48 pm »
I'll definitely be there

Jessamine

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 09:47:40 pm »
Hello Jessamine.
I'd be glad to help you hosting this party. I think I can call myself a talented cooker - if you want some help - and a decent baker.
I'm also a decent brewer still training his skill, and I can supply you with kegs of melomel, beers and ciders.

I also have a question : have you thought to Krans? It would be sad for kra not being able to enjoy the event out of lack of proper food.
If you need help for that last point, it is again something I may help you with... If you can find a miner to get me ingredients, because I'm running out of stock.

Please return me a groffel with your answer.

Aeghiss Rubinhertz.

[Unfortunately I will probably have to stay in kitchen if you accept my help : I surely won't be able to log in that sunday... ]

Very, very sweet of you to offer! I'm sorry I was unable to make the event for a time convent for everyone it was very tricky to pick a time really.
Jess is providing all of the food so that's been taken care of as long as she gets her butt back into the kitchen between now and then and actually cooks it up. ;)
And yes kra have been considered and there will be food provided for them as well!
 And actually I think I've now got the brewer covered but would love another volunteer or two to help with serving. So it would need to be someone who can be online at the time sorry.

Also if anyone is interested I will be role-playing  the set up of the location probably the Thursday before (no specific time really set just yet I guess around the same time works) if anyone who has strong chars and are good at placing items on the map and following Jess's directions of move this here, no let's try it over there. Should make for some fun, and help spread the word and get people excited in character the up coming party!

Apener

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 04:59:43 pm »
I might be able to be a server.

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 12:43:33 pm »
On [Thursday the 28th], Jessamine invited some friends to help her set up for the party. A small but lively group including Deran, Deryna, Gayares, Loxxi, Migg, Sudara and Tozaun, with the assistance of the Gods all Mighty, set up tables and benches for the great event. As everything started to find its place and a stage ws set up, Jessamines anxiety began to ebb. A beer barel was brought in, and a kiosk was set up to hold the food and drinks. Everyone was tired but the result gave them great satisfaction.

Jessamine

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 07:43:04 am »
I wanted to  give a BIG thanks to everyone who came to the party! I'm still quite shocked that Jomed and Uri showed up!!  I had really great time, and hope everyone else did too!

I wanted to give a big special thanks to some of those who helped IC as well as OOC as well, I mean it when I said I never could have pulled it off with out your guys, your help and your encouragement and ideas were really great! Just to name a few of you (And I'm sure I'll forget someone!)

Deryna-provided kran food and helped bounce off so many ideas and give suggestions and support thank you so much for everything!

Loxxi-For always being so sweet and kind! Oh yeah and of course for serving and making sure the guests were attended to so Jess could mingle.

Grindulf- For his amazing music and entertainment! Really helped set the atmosphere!

Migg- Whom I can't thank enough for all his ideas, help and support!! The in game maps and invites were amazing! Your set up ides and help there was so appreciated! And who can forget the hours a poor feather covered Migg must have spent killing kikiri's just to provide meat for Jess to cook!

All the players who attended, and talked about it and offered to help, and the many hunters and gatherers of you who have given Jess ingredients to work with! Every single person who interacted with Jess IC really actually helped to put the idea in her head and encourage her every step of the way. This really would have never been possible or near as successful without YOU and your character.

And of course a special thanks to the GM team, Sorka and Uadjet for all your suggestions, advice! Uadjet-All your time and creativity in re-naming the items for me and locking them down I can not thank you enough!
Everyone keeps using the phrase "next time" so we will have to see about that! Also if anyone has any party ideas or needs catering for anything feel free to contact Jess!

Enjoy a few screenshots from the night and of the location; most of they did not turn out well so I did not post them. Also if anyone else took any feel free to post them!