Author Topic: [GM Event - May 5] Remembering Day  (Read 281 times)

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
[GM Event - May 5] Remembering Day
« on: April 27, 2018, 07:36:11 pm »
Help the Stonehammers remember their history in a truly Stonehammer fashion.

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: [GM Event - May 5] Remembering Day
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 04:41:10 pm »
Just another great event, with good people, good beer, good stories. While the special ingredient in my beer was not very much appreciated, I assure you it works wonders for your digestion!  ;D
Below please find my story, in a slightly revised version, since I finished the first version while the event was already running.
Hopefully Uadjet will add his fascinating story about Stonehammer history as well.

Gonger

The Dwarf and His Beer

There was a young Stonehammer, by the name of Dourmuglun. Since this name was way too long, he was only called Mug.
You might say, his fate was set early on.
His father was a Master Brewer, and taught Mug his art.
"A dwarf is nothing without his beer", his father used to say, ever while pouring one more for the two of them.
Mug was a fast learner, and years later, when his father passed away, he took over the brewing business.
Only he wanted more... so one day he decided to go to the big market in the capital, and sell his beer there, for a good price.
He loaded up a cart, and put his brave rivnak in front of it.
"A dwarf is nothing without his beer", his friends said when he prepared to leave. He only nodded in return, feeling somewhat uncomfortable to hear his father's saying from others.
Three days he traveled, and from far he could see the city walls. But he did not make it there.
Mug was mugged, by three heavily cloaked robbers.
Most of the beer was stolen, the rest spilled, and he awoke under the remains of his cart, hours later.
He got to his feet, cursing loudly, and remembering something creepy.
"A dwarf is nothing without his beer", one of the muggers had said, with a heavy accent Mug had never heard before.
He turned to start the long walk home, when he saw something under the cart.
A single mug remained unbroken, unstolen, unspilled.
He picked it up, and a thought started to form in his head.
He drank half of the mug, and spilled the other half as a sacrifice to the gods.
Then he began his way home.
Home, where he would brew more beer.
Beer he would sell for a price. And this money he would put on a bounty for those muggers. This would teach them a lesson. He knew of quite a few people who would take up this bounty for sure.
"A dwarf is everything with his beer", he thought. And for the first time that day, he smiled.