Author Topic: Leatherworking  (Read 348 times)

Moja Aere

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • TheOne Guild Info
Leatherworking
« on: November 19, 2013, 05:34:44 am »
I was just told that training Leatherworking past a certain lvl is pretty useless.
I also was offered to buy a laaarge amount of rat hides by a someone in need of trias.
And I will.
But then I thought "Awww, but I'd like to actually work with medium/large pieces of leather, instead of small ones…"
So, that's why I'm wondering if someday leatherworkers will perhaps be allowed (with an higher skill, of course) to sew/combine together small and/or medium pieces of leather in order to 'create' larger ones.

(This would give reasons to train more LW - and it should be a good thing, as trainers actually do exist - and would also allow players with medium LW skills to buy stuff from newbies without limiting their training - as, in order to gain more practice ponts, it would be better to craft the latest product that the actual skill level allows.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 05:44:37 am by Moja Aere »

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
Re: Leatherworking
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 06:23:36 am »
Believe me when I say that you will use all the rat hides you can buy. The thought of using maulber hides to make leather strings just breaks my heart. ;D

It does seem useless to train once you are making 300q sets of armor.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 12:32:00 pm »
In my opinion this could be a good idea. Leathermarking was just the starting point to build LA on top of it but maybe in the future can be expanded a bit, both making it more flexible and both adding more things you can craft from it.
Actually there could be some of them around, just they are not fitting for a high skill level

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 09:58:09 am »
In my opinion this could be a good idea. Leathermarking was just the starting point to build LA on top of it but maybe in the future can be expanded a bit, both making it more flexible and both adding more things you can craft from it.
Actually there could be some of them around, just they are not fitting for a high skill level

I'm looking forward to being able to craft sacks, glyph sacks, and leather cloaks (coats). Who knows, maybe enchanting non-magical bracers someone made could be part of becoming a shadow caster? Also tents (including ultics) Also warm fur coats - This would have to be an entirely different leather making process. Maybe fur carpets and blankets too. Also making parchment?

Maybe on a time frame of several years :)

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 10:35:13 am »
Actually, when leatherworking was originally proposed by a bunch of players, a couple of additional items and working steps were taken into consideration, such as the processing of furs into pelts. Adding new crafting transformations to the game is a lot of work, so the project was simplified quite a bit until it finally made it into the game.

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 11:28:20 am »
The transformations for making pelts, a set of leather clothing (not armor), a glyph sack and a rat hat :love:  even exist in Excel-Format, they just didn't make it into the game.

Moja Aere

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • TheOne Guild Info
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 01:48:47 pm »
Believe me
I'm sorry, I don't :)
Just because, to my char, each creature whose hide she's working with is valuable/important exactly the same :)
Also, I asked because it'd be good, for me, to buy (and work with) terrible, cheap hides bought by newbies instead of precious, expensive hides bought by older characters. And my character too, she'd rather buy cheap terrible hides sold by 'poor' people than perfect ones hunted by more skilled hunters.
And it'd be the same if, for example, it meant a lower quality. Just a choice, nor right, neither wrong :)
Anyway, I thought that what I was asking was 'easy' (but perhaps it isn't) simply because it's only about already craftable things.