Author Topic: Horses  (Read 1781 times)

Valkyr

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Horses
« on: June 20, 2002, 03:34:13 pm »
I was orginally going to post a thread about pets, but then I realized pets would be to hard to make. (Too many pets would probably slow the server) So, if a player buys a horse they could ride it around. And if they use the \"run\" button they could move faster than someone on foot could. What do you think?

(I know this thread is very shallow, but I don\'t have much time to write it.)

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 04:20:58 pm »
Who needs horses when you can FLY on a Pterosaur or Megaras?
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Valkyr

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2002, 04:47:47 pm »
REALLY?!?! How much will they cost? But I think horses could be good for roleplaying reasons too. Also, they would cost less than the flying animals.

Idealist

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2002, 02:21:56 am »
Errr... the horse idea has been proven to work quite well... do we all remember that particualr rpg we call... Legends of Zelda: Ocraina of Time Epona was a hit and yes while the flying creatures are good for far travel but what if you need a quick ride from town to town it would be more sencible to take your horse
« Last Edit: June 21, 2002, 02:22:25 am by Idealist »
I will Hunt you... I will find you... I will ctrl alt Delete you... Bounty Hunter Goodness

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2002, 04:41:21 pm »
REALLY?!?! How much will they cost?

A lot :D No The price is somewhere on the settings pages on the website. But i get Idealist point, ill bring it up in the team later  :)
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

WarLeader

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2002, 02:05:58 am »
Every MMORPG has horses even everquest got horses

Models dont make the game textures do!

lude

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
makes sense...
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2002, 11:14:28 am »
yea...horses could be a good thing for a quick ride up the stairs, and what not...horses are usefull, i asssume, for traveling up a level, where the flying creatures would be better off for flying up a level or two...so...i\'d kinda like to see horses too...wouldnt\' be too dissappointed if they decided not to put them in though....

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2002, 06:38:25 pm »
lude: or for traveling around on the same level, depending on the sizes of these levels...

WarLeader

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2002, 06:45:09 pm »
Well see here i think if you like to PVP going after someone in the air would kinda piss me off but on a horse its running around on ground not as difficult

Models dont make the game textures do!

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2002, 07:08:09 pm »
That wont matter. PvP will only be in arenas

Idealist

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2002, 04:06:22 pm »
the horses would be good cause not only for transportation they can also be used in quests like if you had to deliver a type of mushroom that only keeps its magic powers for so long... you would go get the mushroom and bring it back simple  also this could open a nother section of the arena up for jousting :D
I will Hunt you... I will find you... I will ctrl alt Delete you... Bounty Hunter Goodness

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2002, 04:13:56 pm »
Lol, no offence but besides that horses should be cheaper i havent senn anything of you that can\'t be done with a pterosaur but can be with a horse.  ?(

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2002, 08:01:59 pm »
I think that a Pterasaur or a Megaras wouldn\'t be useful if you want to go through a forest or a jungle. The trees don\'t allow them to land, and even if they fly low they wouldn\'t see much because of the trees. A horse would be more useful here.

Also, a flying creature would not be able to get inside a cave or tunnel, if there are any. Although I don\'t think a horse would agree with going inside, unless it trusts the owner a lot. Otherwise, they would refuse to enter.

Horses are good for a quick tour around town too. If you are on a flying creature, you are very likely to miss certain spots if you don\'t know the town well.

Pterasaurs would have a very hard time in cold weather, due to their reptilian nature (they probably are cold blooded). Perhaps they tire easier when flying on those regions, or even die. There should definitely be downsides for riding a Megaras too, but I really cannot think of any right now.

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2002, 10:13:37 pm »
And besides, cost alone is enough!
There\'s always a basic version and a better version and a better version of anything in games. It\'s the way they work. The cheapest mode of transportation (aside from walking) probably SHOULD be horses...

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2002, 12:15:20 am »
I would like this question answered.
If u r flying one of these things, and all of a sudden decide to land, and go on foot, what will happen to your bird?
Will it just dissapear, or will it sit there waiting for u?
And if it will just sit there, what if u get killed while on foot, and u respawn somewhere REALLY far way (ex: u died and left your stuff on lvl 6, and u respawned on lvl 2) how will u be able to get it?  And from what i got on the site, thses things are really expensive, like 400 good steel swords!!!!! 8o Can you answer to any problems that can be asociated with that?

Join BISM here: BISM
Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!