Author Topic: paying? will it be...?  (Read 1012 times)

tcd12642

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
paying? will it be...?
« on: August 13, 2002, 10:09:47 am »
Will we have to pay for the final version?
Or is this non profit?
Or will there be a free version, and a members version(members get some more features), like runescape?
Jsut wondering
currently working on....

[FONT=verdan
a]tcd12642[/FONT]
[/B] [/SIZE] of the elite rs tactical assault team

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 10:21:58 am »
[SIZE=10]FREE[/SIZE]  [/U]  

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2002, 12:21:38 pm »
One version, completely free, no ifs, no buts, no catch...now lets never speak of this again

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2002, 01:09:13 pm »
Donations are welcome though :D
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Tomaseth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2002, 09:24:45 pm »
I\'m rather curious on how the whole project is being funded and how servers are being paid for... seems like there would have to be atleast one fee for the game. Just wondering..

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2002, 11:48:59 pm »
I still can\'t believe its free, I mean, all these big budget games want like 20 bucks a month, finally someone thought about the budget of the gamer, instead of the contents of their wallet! By the way, how are you making your money, anyway? Sponsers?

Spartan8

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2002, 11:53:35 pm »
actually they make most of the money off of underground itallian slave trade and pet rocks. Correct me if i am wrong though...
JESUS FREAK AND PROUD OF IT!

Highwayman

Mephisto

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
eh
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2002, 07:02:19 pm »
well I guess this is how it really is (alteast i hope this one is the correct : 8o )

Everybody developing planeshift are doing it just for experience and fun, theres no profit in it at all,
servers are given by... sponsors? fans? scams? slavery?
oh man, I guess you guys are right :/
-Mephisto

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2002, 07:34:37 pm »
Everybody developing planeshift are doing it just for experience and fun, theres no profit in it at all

You got that right, we\'re all volunteers and we get paid in experience in our field of expertise. As for the server, I am not sure. I\'ll ask around :)
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2002, 01:58:18 am »
Hey what happened to the the catalian jokes. Guess they were a bit offensive. Sorry.

Mephisto

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
hmmmm
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2002, 07:14:47 am »
Hmm, we have yet not heard anything from parasite about the servers, I guess slavery was the thing then,
/me sighs  :rolleyes:
Hey in my country if you are a student you can get a 150mb line for like 30$ a month, thats cheap servers! (although I dont know how many people something like that would hold)
-Mephisto

Raine_Maiden

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
You could be great
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2002, 11:07:39 pm »
This game looks like the greatest game ever and i am wowed by it being free,this game could be big you guys behind the game could be big and make a big company and make more games and then ull make big money.but u guys say u want the experience,what happens when u have experience?will you part and go your own ways?and forget all about planeshift?I hope you dont i want you guys to become a big company you could compete with eq and ff11 im really looking forward to your game and hope its a sucess on the internet its allready has more then a thousandplayers waitin for it so it should be good,and if u do make a fee ill pay without question!
:evil: secret thief :evil:

Spartan8

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2002, 11:41:00 pm »
i dont think the catalian lokes were that offensive seeing as i am a little bit of both....but if it was i am sorry to anyone i offended
JESUS FREAK AND PROUD OF IT!

Highwayman

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2002, 01:38:12 am »
Originally posted by Raine_Maiden
will you part and go your own ways?and forget all about planeshift?

Im sure it will die out in a few years and everyone will sort of fade away and all the regulars who will then be high level and stuff will fall off the chain and it will fill up with lamers and stuff its inevitable especially being free.
The Great Linksunius

Mephisto

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Yupe
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2002, 07:59:04 am »
Just like the runescape free servers, everybody is lame and get pissed if you say \"hi\" to them, sigh.
-Mephisto