Author Topic: paying? will it be...?  (Read 1011 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Free for players.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2002, 08:11:23 am »
Yes it will be free for players.

We are doing that for fun and experience, but also to reach the goal of making a great game. We are not easily annoyed and we are hard workers (and believers) so will be very very hard that PS dies.

There are always new prospect members asking to join and help and in the last months we really gained a lot of support from the internet community. New prospect members are often professionals.

With such a team and with the world waiting for next release, we have really high chances to reach the final goal.

As far as money is concerned, we have a regular work and so we don\'t need money from PS (even if it will be nice :) ). Server are donated by gamiix at no cost. We had also other offers for servers and bandwidth, so for now it\'s not a problem.

As soon as PS becomes more playable, the number of developers will increase, so expect a good speed up in the future.

See you in the next release.

Mephisto

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Yeah but why
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2002, 08:41:23 am »
Would people donate servers to you guys?
I mean, any commercials included in these deals or just people thinking: hmmm, we have a couple of servers extra, what to doo... what to doooo.....?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2002, 08:41:44 am by Mephisto »
-Mephisto

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2002, 12:21:28 pm »
People donate them for the same reason that we work on them for free and for the same reason you guys post on these boards for months with no game yet.  :-)

We all like Planeshift and want it to exist.

It\'s that simple.

Elentor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2002, 12:33:40 pm »
Raine: the experience is just part of it all. The fun of doing a game like this surpasses the wanting for the experience. The team have some real experienced people right now, so, there would be no logic for those people to work if not for fun.
Besides, much have I learned since I\'ve joined.