Author Topic: POHs, and POSs????  (Read 778 times)

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
POHs, and POSs????
« on: August 13, 2002, 02:15:20 pm »
I think the game will eventually have Player owned houses and player owned shops, but how will they work, i\'ve been away from the forums awhile and would like to see what ya guys came up with.  I\'d love a POS so i cold put my smithing crap there and see if they sell while i\'m away.

MagiBountyHunter

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
hmm...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 04:09:33 pm »
I dont know how they are going to work but i just want to let the devs know that thier is another perrson out there who would like to have POH and POS or at least a POS cause those are the best... ;)

Death is only the beginning you dont want to know the rest.:evil:
\"Hunt This\"
Secondary Leader of \"TOB\"

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2002, 04:49:58 pm »
Yeah POSs are hella more useful than houses, unless you can put game objects into the house.

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2002, 05:20:24 pm »
Well, i hope houses would be used to store money, and armor/weapons. That would make them more usefull, and not just a big waste of space and bandwidth. Although, they could also act as something to show off, if you are rich and powerfull, you can get a mini castle :D

Join BISM here: BISM
Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2002, 06:03:50 pm »
yep yep i agree with alucard. though id prefer a humongous castle ;)
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2002, 09:38:18 pm »
well, you people just wanna show how lavish you are, with a POS i\'ll be able to make money offline, sell things...

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2002, 10:53:33 pm »
Originally posted by Dumb Woob
well, you people just wanna show how lavish you are, with a POS i\'ll be able to make money offline, sell things...

what do you mean you will be making money offline? how will that work? Doesn\'t your shop go with you when you log out? ?(

Join BISM here: BISM
Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2002, 12:29:21 am »
If you have an NPC working in your shop, you could make in-game money when your oflline. Just set the person up, they sell, take their wages, then give you the profits when you ask. This usually only works when the shop is near a dungeon or town. Shops on deserted islands generally don\'t do so well.

Spartan8

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2002, 12:30:30 am »
sure they do...if they trade illegal and stolen goods....
JESUS FREAK AND PROUD OF IT!

Highwayman

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2002, 12:54:08 am »
Youv been speaking to my online contacts haven\'t you?!
I play Ultima Online some, and it really seems dumb to bother having a shop 10 miles from town, while surrounded by 50 other shops that sell the same over priced thing. But I\'m getting off subject, sorry.

Anyway, I guess you could make money from hot goods, you would have to do all your advertising in alleys and stuff though. while providing access to the shop, at least you wouldn\'t have to pay a sales tax then, so that\'s a plus.

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2002, 08:52:53 am »
Originally posted by TheGeneral
Originally posted by Dumb Woob

what do you mean you will be making money offline? how will that work? Doesn\'t your shop go with you when you log out? ?(

well, then whats the purpose if you gotta sit there and sell things? I can do that without a shop :)