Author Topic: this is an off the wall idea that might be fun  (Read 1935 times)

Zig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
this is an off the wall idea that might be fun
« on: August 13, 2002, 11:07:34 pm »
I was thinking about maybe what if you could like hunt in ps. I think it would be cool if you could hunt animals and stuff and get stuff like furs meat rare feathers and just stuff like that. The idea scears me alittle because if we do hunt things on ps then a problem with poaching might occur. But seriouly i think it would be cool to have like a tradeing post for hunters and stuff like that. Or maybe like a ranger\'s guild house kind of thing.
~ZiG~?

Zig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 11:08:13 pm »
oh one more thing also like fishing and stuff like that too.
~ZiG~?

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2002, 11:12:13 pm »
It?s being thought about?but it will be secondary in priority to other things. But hunting and fishing are things many of us want in the game.
-Paxx

Zig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2002, 11:14:56 pm »
i didnt know that it was already discussed or i wouldnt have posted this. I just think it would be really cool to see a turkey running around with an arrow sticking out of its butt that would be shot from the bow of my character. That would be really cool. :D
~ZiG~?

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2002, 11:23:50 pm »
It hasn\'t on the forum (to my knowledge) and while you might find it fun that a Turkey be running around with an arrow in it?s butt, I will find it equally funny seeing the great Turkey Spirit chasing around hunters who are cruel. :D  :D

We will do it in as taste full a manner as we can?but it will be a harsh world.
-Paxx

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2002, 11:43:39 pm »
Actually that sounds cool, I haven\'t seen a game yet that rewarded you for hunting, and the poaching thing. It could lead to preservation camps in the game. Very cool.

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2002, 02:30:11 pm »
If this is included, we should be able to have trophy rooms, where we can mount the heads of powerful monsters we\'ve killed.

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2002, 04:28:48 am »
If that is the case, should powerful monsters have trophy rooms with the heads of powerful players they have killed???

And if you kill the monster in a group, who gets the head to post on the wall?

Just musing thoughts here.
-Paxx

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2002, 04:22:42 pm »
Originally posted by paxx
If that is the case, should powerful monsters have trophy rooms with the heads of powerful players they have killed???

And if you kill the monster in a group, who gets the head to post on the wall?

Just musing thoughts here.

rofl i think it would be damn funny to walk into a monsters lair and see peoples heads hanging around places!
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2002, 05:50:25 pm »
Not if i were one of the guys hanging there :D. Btw we must have a PS WWF else u guys would kill every living species around  :D
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

umm...hi!

• Traveller
    • View Profile
hmmm
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2002, 12:20:11 pm »
if we kill someone in pvp in a tourny can we have their heads? i just think that would be kinda funny :P

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2002, 04:05:32 pm »
Thats sick dude :)

No seriously it\'s supposed to be a RPG, so thats a bit over the top i guess.
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Zig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2002, 01:48:36 am »
hey hey....whats up will all of you spammers on my thread like that talking about wwf and stuff unrealated to planeshift you might get banned for that kind of thing. lol j/k im just messing around. I get harrassed about things being off topic a lot. Anyways im just amazed to see some many people takeing an interest to the idea that i brought up about hunting and stuff.
~ZiG~?

Spartan8

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2002, 01:54:44 am »
YEAH BAN THEM!!!BAN THEM!!!oh wait a minute ... . you ..were kidding....yeah yeah me too..i..i guess... anyway i think hunting wouldbe pretty cool but it should be realistic with permits and stuff. then when you shoot say a deer like animal it will run till it bleeds out! then it could be stolen be some recdneck drarf but if you do find it you get to feild dress it all by your self!!!! wouldnt that be great!?!?!?!..........guys?

well i guess the field dressing would be a little demanding on the graphics team since they probbaly dont hunt much on the other side of the big drink...or do they?!?!?!?
JESUS FREAK AND PROUD OF IT!

Highwayman

Mephisto

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
well
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2002, 08:38:49 am »
Hunting/fishing would be a good way to get food for low level players (or players that just thinks it\'s boring to walk over to a shop and buy food)
You could also have contests, like \"every friday at 9, the hunting party\" where a bunch of hunters set out in a \"restricted area\" or something and the one that returns with the biggest booty wins all the food the players have gathered (and maybe an additional price?)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2002, 08:39:16 am by Mephisto »
-Mephisto