Author Topic: this is an off the wall idea that might be fun  (Read 1933 times)

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2002, 02:36:37 am »
You should form an official \"party,\" amongst which the exp is devided up when the monster dies. If more than one party damages the creature, split the experience amongst the parties, based on how much damage each did. That way we won\'t shaft healer types, because any party should balance itself out, and have means enough to deal damage.

Rageburst

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2002, 08:41:02 am »
I think that \"hunting\" or killing any \"monster\" should have a chance of giving meat, pelts, and other.... BUT these can be used as ingredients if you picked to have any alchemy skills.... just a lil\' something I found interesting in Morrowind.

In Morrowind, you could also gather mushrooms and herbs from wild plants outside towns for your needs.

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2002, 03:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by David_HD
You should form an official \"party,\" amongst which the exp is devided up when the monster dies. If more than one party damages the creature, split the experience amongst the parties, based on how much damage each did. That way we won\'t shaft healer types, because any party should balance itself out, and have means enough to deal damage.

maybe im misunderstanding this idea but it seems lame...a healer could be bad at melee combat and thus get little expirience. how about the amount of experience of a healer is based on how much they heal party members?
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Mephisto

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2002, 03:30:51 pm »
If he is bad at melee he needs to train it up by fighting low level monsters.
-Mephisto

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2002, 03:38:09 pm »
When you heal a lot, your heal skills will go up, and you can become a powerful healer. The game isn\'t level-based but skill-based.
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Tomaseth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2002, 05:43:16 pm »
Hmm... so if you don\'t have a master level or some sort of rating (maybe if you get your skills you could recieve a title like Sir, Lady, etc that\'s before your name, eg. Sir Tomaseth) but how do you know if the person you are dueling is equal to your level or if the person you invited into your group has the skills suitable to help out the group?

Azora

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2002, 12:55:56 am »
*you have killed target*
a) scalp
b) dissmember
c) spit on remains
d) feel around for loose change

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2002, 07:38:29 am »
If you can form a party, then a healer being bad at combat is not a liability for them (exp-wise, at least :P). The experience is divided among the members of the party evenly, so we don\'t shaft healers. If two seperate parties damage a creature, the experience is split between the parties based on how much each party, as a group, damaged the creature. Hope that clarified things a tad.