Author Topic: Undead and Demons  (Read 757 times)

Raine_Maiden

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Undead and Demons
« on: August 20, 2002, 10:23:29 pm »
You no how all the bodies and waste gets thrown in those seemingly endless wells,well what if the bodies came alive and began attacking the residents they could make ideal monsters and could tie into a quest,and a \"boss\" could be a necromencer ressurecting all these dead to do his/her bidding,and if there are gods and religions there should be devils and demons (wich means bosses and monsters to battle)thats what i have to say,
:evil: secret thief :evil:

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 10:40:00 pm »
That is a great idea. It would make for an ideal hunting location, with zombies, skeletons, ghouls(more vampiric than undead), and other sewer loving beasts. I give thumbs up! :D

Join BISM here: BISM
Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2002, 04:07:13 am »
ill second that. maybe there should be a specific area for this. it could be called \"the land of the restless\" or something of that nature. You could call it \"land of the dead\" but that name is to common and has been used many times in other games.
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 04:20:21 am »
Originally posted by Princess Aelya
it could be called \"the land of the restless\" or something of that nature

It\'s always good to have a \"land of the mildly annoyed because they can\'t get a good nights sleep\"

Seriously though the undead are a good solid staple of most fantasy based productions and they\'re always great to have around (not much fun at parties though - they rarely buy the drinks). Everyone loves a good undead quest and I agree it would be great to see their presence in ps. If nothing else, they are always useful to practice your sword skills on, without feeling guilty that you\'ve hurt anyone :D

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2002, 12:06:49 pm »
Feel guilty.....? ?(
Oh NO, look at me sluaghter that poor 3D, randomly generated bunny, that will be back in a matter of seconds exactly.....over here. jk Kada :D

Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2002, 09:16:46 pm »
There is only one problem I see with this idea. Having an undead dungeon if all fine and good but I see too many similarities with this idea and the Sewers of Qeynos in the game of EverQuest.  I know it is hard to do something without it already been done. The world of MMORPGs is quite large so it is hard to think of something that has not already been done.

On a side note those vents that all the sewage and stuff are thrown into, are deep and seemingly endless. There is mention that they drop through straight to the hollow world so I don\'t know of the ability to have it as traversable.

Zig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2002, 10:54:18 pm »
well you know what zig things zig thinks it a load of crap, if there are undead monsters zig will do everything zig can to hunt them down with extream prejudice because zig no like undead, zig shall smite them with his bare hands and all shall know the glory of being in the light. Helm sees all; know that and be judged....oops wrong game. Seriously though it wouldnt be a bad idea to put undead in but i really dont like them because of all the horible things that they can do to your stats like drain levels or ability scores permanatly. Thats mainly what i am afraid of, if they wouldnt have that cabability then i wouldnt mind
~ZiG~?

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2002, 11:03:30 pm »
hahaha...i can see your a big fan of baldurs gate series zig.i dont like the ability score and level draining though...i thought that was cheap as hell in BG2.
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Zig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2002, 11:21:42 pm »
indee m\'lady, your word doth ringeth about mine ears as pure as the finest of elven silver...um where the frick did that come from, kick me please im rambleing again. anyways yes i did like baulders gate 2. Infact i am still playing it right now. Another thing that poed me about the game is the way the stupid mages put up all these protections right at the begining of the battle and are really gay. the game was biesed and obviously favors mages over any other class, how ever my favorite class is a mage cleric combonation with the slayer morph and you dont really need a party anymore
~ZiG~?

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2002, 11:27:32 pm »
lol.  im working on an elf sorcerer in BG2.and ive found that its my favorite of all the spellcaster classes.there are spells that can remove magic defenses like breach,dispel,pierce,etc.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2002, 11:27:51 pm by Princess Aelya »

Zig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2002, 11:44:47 pm »
yeah i realize that but they cast those spells at then begining of the battle by useing a spell trigger and in most cases they cast multiple protections and you have too keep casting diffrent ones to counter them. Its just really annoying i dont  understand if there is a fighter and all why he just cant go up to a mage and tear him to shreads like they are supposed to be able to do and the way you protect a strong mage is with a strong fighter, mages are supposed to be weak at attack and defence because they are really strong with magic and makeing magical items and what not, but no baulders gate mages are fricking invincible, forget a fighter a mage can be a fighter with the right spell and still cast spells at the same time, all im saying is that the balance of power between mages and other clases just isnt equal, geez now i sound like jaheria talking about we must strive to obtain balance, i need a break from that game. lol
~ZiG~?

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2002, 11:54:11 pm »
rofl...yea i think you do to.i had that elf girl from the circus. cant believe i cant think of the name...anyway after awile me and korgan got pissed at her cuz she complains to much and she was a little wuss. so i took her out of the party and me and korgan killed her right there in the copper coronet :D i did the same with anomen...he was a lil prick and he was to \"good\".

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2002, 02:33:55 am »
Originally posted by TheGeneral
Feel guilty.....? ?(
Oh NO, look at me sluaghter that poor 3D, randomly generated bunny, that will be back in a matter of seconds exactly.....over here. jk Kada :D

lol

So...you hone your battle skills on bunnies eh? I\'ll be sure to steer clear of you on the battlefield you must be a fighter of considerable skill and bravery ;)  :P
« Last Edit: August 22, 2002, 02:34:42 am by Kada-El »

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2002, 11:45:05 am »
I see that Kada can read me as a book, ah well, no matter...
Me brave, me strong, me crush, smash, destroy.....
Maybe i should have used a better example...*thinks*

Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!