Author Topic: Horses  (Read 1224 times)

I like it gory

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Horses
« on: April 15, 2002, 06:51:01 am »
How about u can buy and rent horses. I mean think about it like if u buy a horse then your speed, and attack would go up, but u would go down a little in agility and such.

I thiunk it sounds pretty cool  :))

Nu Sham

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2002, 07:08:52 am »
i agree with the basic idea,
its a good idea,
but i think this:
1. maybe this ability will be limited to certain races..
for example a Kran cant possible use a horse for riding, and its destiny is to remain slow in traffic, but its strong and stuff so not to worry.
on the other hand, humans can use this horse and ride on it , and maybe endikuais too, need to think about it.
endikuadis can communicate well with animals, but then again they are animals which act like humans, therefore normal animals dont like them..
need to think it over.

2. i hate the idea of buying everything.
you can use a horse if u wander around the world, and suddenly u find a horse that is being attacked by some other npc or some other player.
you save this horse by attacking the other player or animal, and the horse feels gratitude to you.
you feed this horse, treat it, and it will serve you in later times, let you ride it and stuff.
but after u ride it alot and niglect it, it might feel it doesnt own you anything more, and feel you\'re using it , and leave you.
also in times of war, if the horse feels really good about you, it will stay there (next to the fighting scene) and help you escape if u need, or even help you fight
and not just run away..

Born to fight, Trained to kill,
Ready to die, But never will !

Leader Of BDS, GDC.

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2002, 07:21:52 am »
Nu-Sham,

where are you getting that info. the way you talk is like someone has told you these things. who ever it was I would realy like to know cause there has been a rash of this utterly wrong info getting out. forgive me if this is just your ideas or thoughts but it is just your wording., it is like you are quoting from something that someone has told you.

the fact here is that if you check with government/economy and also the overview pages you will see mentioned, pterosaurs and megoras. a pterosaur is a winged animal like a terradactil type thing and is rented or bought by the wealthy for travel and other things. Megoras are a giant bat type beast and is used for carrying heavy loads. these are less expensive so are commonly used for beasts of burdon but can also be ridden. so there you have two mounts that are also flying creatures. so you see there is no need real need horses.

ide cut paste the info here but it is so much better when you look for it yourself. when you look for things yourself you would be amazed at the other things that you will find.

alcapalis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2002, 07:22:36 am »
Great ideas.
i also like the idea of being stronger when you are on a horse..
but erhmm what about mule?
i hope we will get mules for the traders..
 :D  Alcapalis- EPE  :D
The E.P.E. guild site!
-=PLANESHIFT.TK=-

Guild Leader

Nu Sham

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Kendaro
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2002, 07:28:00 am »
One of the reasons i like this game, is because nothing is yet to be determained.
its just being developed, and even if something was agreed before, it might change n the near future.
these ideas were my humble wondering, yes, and i havent seen the information you were talking about,
but even so, that is how -I- see the characters.

i wasnt trying to give false information, this is a fantasy world and its my little fantasy.. =)
im not a Dev member or anything, no one should take me seriously =)

besides, i wrote :
Maybe this idea .....
in the beginign of comment 1, so i was trying to make it clear it was just another \"wish\".
im sorry if i mislead any1,  i was just trying to increase my message counter..
*looks inoccent*
« Last Edit: April 15, 2002, 07:29:59 am by Nu Sham »

Leader Of BDS, GDC.

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2002, 07:35:24 am »
ok bud,
I wasn\'t saying you were trying to spread false info, just that you might have been given some of the bad info that has been spread lately. I know you wouldn\'t do anything like that on your own acord so don\'t think I was refering to you.

Nu Sham

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2002, 07:46:46 am »
thanks =)

but.. \"i know you wouldnt spread false info\" ...
i wouldnt ?  8o

lol j/k yeah i wont do that, atleast to trick people into thinking that, but what you refer to as \"False info\", is what i like to think of as roleplaying and creating a fantasy ..

its a fun new feature for me, since i fantasize about the game and i dont even know what will be in it..
sure , all the fantasisy of mine will be shattered, as the game goes along, but until i havent seen the features actually in the game, i can dream cant i?

:P   :))

Leader Of BDS, GDC.

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2002, 08:04:55 am »
Originally posted by Nu Sham
, all the fantasisy    of mine will be shattered,  

hahahaha I know I am thee worst speller around here but i just had to point that little typo out.... it wa just too much to resist. :)

Nu Sham

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2002, 08:11:26 am »
lol actually havent i said that before?
english isnt my native language, and all my knowledge comes from studying it at school..
if u come across a typo i make, please point it out, i need to learn, its the only way i will ever improve my English skills..

so how do you spell Fantasys ..
err..
Fantasies
bleh
 :(

Leader Of BDS, GDC.

Qex

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2002, 12:33:11 pm »
Well what about the Klyros then?
It is supposed to fly for short times..
how short times?
Plz dont make it the histarically (erhm..) pushing on \"fly\" button 824 million times in 2 secs.
Make it please ful so you maybe can sail in the air for a min or so.
And for the BEST. Throw your self out a high clif and just slowly smooth down..aaahhhh...mmmm.
Erhnm...HM!  :(  just my \"fantasisy\" :P

Gion

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2002, 12:45:12 pm »
Hang-glyding would be fun
Parachuting ?
Maybe bungy jumping from on level to the other ?

I think you guys should be thankfull that i am not on the PS-team :-)

Qex

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2002, 12:49:36 pm »
trust me we ARE!  :P
kiddin fella..
Yea something like parachuting would be nice...
*fantasysising*    aaaahhh...mmmm..
niiiiicccceeee........Ergh..gulp, eehhr  :(

Haon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2002, 06:22:19 am »
I think you should buy horses but what happens when you dismount or go inside a house? It is much more complex than most of you think....
I am smarter than the average Monkey.

Cyonamie

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2002, 10:00:20 pm »
bumping a horse post:)

umm...hi!

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2002, 12:35:37 pm »
umm... i dont think u could parachute in the midevil(did i spell that right?) world and correct me if im wrong but umm... isnt this supposed to kinda be umm... midevil?