Author Topic: Mounts..... why???  (Read 1642 times)

Avathius

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Mounts..... why???
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:56:30 pm »
Ok, I know Planeshift is about as far from WoW as any game could ever be, but why can't mounts just be purchased? It's crap how you have to first get the ring of familiar and THEN go through a stupid quest chain and do the stupid winch quests which suck because my computer lags so much and it takes 10 minutes to load each zone, and there is a lot of travel involved. I don't think a mount is worth all the crap you go through to get it. Why can't PS be sensible and just have purchasable mounts that cost a ton of money? Or maybe there's an option to tame your mount?

It just p****s me off!

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Mounts..... why???
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:13:24 pm »
Just out of interest, why would you want a mount in the first place?

- Nova

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:33:27 am »
maybe your computer is too old or uses chips not developed for games...

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 02:08:23 am »
to answer why, it was probably a majority vote
and most people if not all people, who play, like how the mounts are set up, sure there could be improvments, but i like the idea, of questing for pets, that you get to keep, and summon when you want wherever you want
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 03:11:15 am »
Well, before the pterosaurs, mounts were a great thing to have to travel faster.  They really came in handy.  Now, they aren't really necessary, but they still greatly speed up travel for people who are on a time-crunch.
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 03:23:18 am »
Yay for tamed ulbernauts!  \\o//

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 03:39:58 am »
Tamed velnishi would be faster :)

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 04:12:36 am »
wouldn't it be more realistic if you could just purchase a mount from a stable master or someone?

Mekora

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 04:38:32 pm »
Yeah. It would. I really, really think that mounts should either be: trained from a baby rivnak/drifter. It would take ALOT of time. More then doing the quests, but would be more realistic. OR, people could pay ALOT of tria from a stable master/another player who trains baby mounts. It would also add a completely new element to PS's economy.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 08:01:23 pm »
Yeah. It would. I really, really think that mounts should either be: trained from a baby rivnak/drifter. It would take ALOT of time. More then doing the quests, but would be more realistic. OR, people could pay ALOT of tria from a stable master/another player who trains baby mounts. It would also add a completely new element to PS's economy.

That is a very interesting idea! Would give rangers more to do.  :thumbup:

- Nova

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 08:12:55 pm »

Not a bad idea, bro  :thumbup: Help with the tria-sinks that are being asked-after...
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

antigone

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 09:15:07 pm »
dose anyone know how to get mounts since the new update? cuz no i have no idea where to start? i have a ring. thats it:P

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 01:51:45 am »
dose anyone know how to get mounts since the new update? cuz no i have no idea where to start? i have a ring. thats it:P

Ask in the game and role play it so don't just ask in Gossip. Someone will help you out.

Majority vote...? I never placed any vote on mounts did you?

I do side on the fact how silly it's thought out. You need a mount to get places fast and to make life easier, so you can DO the harder quests, but now you have to do the hard quests to get the mount, so once you got the mount it's basically useless for questing. And also Pterosaurs are far too expensive to make me ever want to use them (Other than going to Amdeneir). I do like your idea Mekora, and Sarras paying around 100k-200k for a mount from a stable master or work hard for it yourself.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:05:19 am by Vakachehk »
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 02:35:45 am »
... how to get mounts since the new update?

Why, did that change? I assume that the start is still the same as before the update?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 03:52:29 am »

Is this what you're talking about?

Alot.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."