Author Topic: bla  (Read 1378 times)

Avathius

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: bla
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 04:48:44 pm »
Thanks Vassilli & BoevenF

It's too monotone with no shading.

It does have soft shading, save for the background.

Could you PM me what program you're using?

Can't be bothered, but I'll post it here. It's Inkscape.

Ah, that kind of soft shading that's almost invisible. I caught a glimpse of it, later. Maybe I should bring my video camera next time and see if it emerges again.

I've used Inkscape. It's pretty decent, I guess. Got a better program now, but it was fun to use.

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 08:14:50 am »
Are you trying to troll me, Avathius? If so, why? Anyway...

Ah, that kind of soft shading that's almost invisible. I caught a glimpse of it, later. Maybe I should bring my video camera next time and see if it emerges again.

LOL

I've used Inkscape. It's pretty decent, I guess. Got a better program now, but it was fun to use.

A better program wouldn't help me at all, because I'm not a good artist. Good software won't help make better things with it if used by the same shit person.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 09:34:08 am »
Don't underestimate yourself.

But heck, I prefer to call myself rather technician than artist as well.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 02:18:34 pm »
As a personal choice, I adopted massively opensource software since Windows Vista appearance (even before, eh ;)), and when I need some graphic work, I love to use inkscape, or gimp. Quite interesting programs, stable and mostly reliable. A typical example of what you may achieve with collaboration.
I'm not an artist, but you don't need to be an artist to perceive what is behind, the commitment (and satisfaction) in your drawings, Derula, or those of Jilata, where i perceived feelings and moods so clearly.
The technique will grow with the program knowledge, but I like the posture first of all, so again bravo.

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 06:53:45 pm »
For those who wanted to see more in this style... there's my portrait of Jamona (almost 2 years old now):

No idea if I've already posted it here somewhere. Probably not. Maybe yes. Wouldn't know where.

Inb4 the proportions are all wrong and people getting blind from the bright colors.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 11:37:47 pm »
Funny patchwork clothing ... but well, an artist (what Jamona is) needs a unique style to stay in memories. ;D

And I have seen much worse proportions (especially after "photoshopping disasters"), this one is credible enough for a "cartoon".

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Lady Crankenstein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 01:38:32 pm »
This is sweet....      it reminds me of the American painter who always portrayed family and solid American values... you know.. what's his name.....

as a person always looking for a smile and a laugh, I might put a caption on it like this:

"Our first visit to the Dentist , Dr. Crankenstein."   :o

oh , at least i thought it was funny.

La Crank  :>

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 02:44:08 pm »
   "Our first visit to the Dentist , Dr. Crankenstein."   :o

That's funny because "krank" is the German word for sick, and "Zahnstein" the word for (dental) calculus. Dr. Sickulus sounds like a fun name for a dentist.

Lady Crankenstein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Dr. Sickulus dentist
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 02:40:19 am »
OH MI GAWD.....  you actually figured it out !!!!!  :oops:

YOU MUST BE CIA code breaker.... or Chineese 8 year old ....   now everyone is gonna know that I am not really back there reading their X-rays... i'm on Planeshift!

Gosh...  I will have to start charging double... yea...  ( like that has anything to do with anything )

Drill, Fill, Bill , and cast Red Way fireball on gum disease..