Author Topic: Not quite a guild...  (Read 804 times)

Dangerdan

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Not quite a guild...
« on: July 14, 2005, 01:58:48 pm »
Hello, Planeshifters.  I was wondering if anyone out here would be interested joining me in a longterm roleplaying story.  What I mean is a story that we will write, part in game and part in posts here on the forum.  My goal is to weave a nice epic with characters we create together BEFORE we begin roleplaying in-game instead of trying to force a bunch of existing strangers together for the sake of RP.  (don\'t get me wrong, that is always fun and has potential for some great story telling, but I\'m looking for something a bit more.)
For example, three of us could create characters that are siblings.  That gives an instant reference point of some history and would facilitate roleplaying much quicker.  If one brother/sister is hurt or attacked, the others could rally to their cause in the name of brotherhood or revenge.  There could be ordinary sibling rivalry.  Or one could turn on the others going towards the dark (or light).  All alongside each character\'s own personal story.
With this one example, think about all the storylines that could be birthed.
I find that a little planning beforehand proves to be a stronger story in the long run.  Also, in my experience, the stronger the story, the more it will encourage others to join in.

Hopefully, I have explained myself clearly.

edit: (since we all have to create new characters anyway when they wipe, anybody can jump in!  also, if you already have a character storyline written but want to collaborate more, please let me know as well.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 02:03:01 pm by Dangerdan »
Proud Planeshift OS X Player.

hitancrias

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 02:57:37 pm »
Well, I think I am interested in this!

I play PS for just over a year now, so I already made up my history and such,  but I think there are some gaps that still could be filled in...  

I take it you want the actual role playing part to happen in game, while the agreements about a (partially) common background are made here, right?
Hitancrias. Herbalist. Explorer.

Dangerdan

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 03:29:55 pm »
I was thinking of conceiving the story behind the scenes, maybe over PM or email.  Give a rough (or detailed) framework of our characters to each other.  Discuss how they would have met, interacted, related, etc.  Or if they are to meet ingame for the first time.
Then roll with the story.
We could use this forum to post the on-going stories like they are now, whether it is a backstory, a monologue, descriptive narrative or actual ingame events.  Whatever would make sense to post, of course.
Proud Planeshift OS X Player.