Author Topic: the second heresy  (Read 588 times)

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
the second heresy
« on: August 15, 2005, 12:54:26 pm »
who ever reads these words, know this i did not deny the exsistence of the gods. know also this this. i was imprisoned for thinking them. i was tortured for writing them. i was killed for speaking them.

the gods cannot act in our world. despite all their great power, or perhaps because of it, they cannot move even the slightest feather. in their omnipotence, they are impotent. but, yet the acts of the gods appear to be multiple.

the gods to maintain the illusion of power chose mortal yliaki to act as their agents. these yliaki hold but the memerest fraction of the power of the gods. these yliaki are perhaps to be envied. but, more surely, they are to be pitied.

their power is granted, whether capricious or true, by the gods. by this act they are made thrall to the will of the gods. for what a god dains to grant, a god can deny. to keep their power they must forever obey the gods. while we who have not been granted such a boon can still choose to obey gods.

these thralls of the gods chose power. whether the choice was true or lust, it came with a cost. in choosing power they surrendered one of the few things the should hold dear. their choice to choose.

i have left these words so that future generations may know two things. the first is that the world is not what you have been taught. the second is that despite their efforts to silence me, my words have escaped. others, even but a few, have read them, and learned them.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.