Author Topic: shadow beak  (Read 855 times)

arcain

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
shadow beak
« on: November 12, 2005, 06:29:07 pm »
well it all started..btw im longy=)...it all started when i was on oja road to help out a friend of mine..i was walking and it got dark and cold relly fast...soo i laid down  and hunched my self in a ball to stay warm..just so you know a loin cloth dose not keed you very warm.i woke up tht morning feelling real really hungry!...i decided i needed to searh for food.i climed the tallest tree i could find to see if i saw anything good to eat...i could see as far as the eye can see...but i did not see any food.then the branch i was standing on broke and i went falling..it wasent tell about the middle of the tree that i caught my self.i then relized i had landed by a big nest with one egg..i took it and well ..fell the rest of the way down the tree.the egg was fine though....i the started a fire..i was about to through the egg in when i relized i had nothing to cook it on..hten i decided to cook it on my swords.i about had it over the fire when it started to shake madly! the egg then exploded ! then a ll baby groffel steped out....well i couldent let it starve so i took it and named it shadow and because i dont have a last name..beak...shadow beak..we then lived very happy .he is still younger then even masoj\'s groffel and not very strong but with a lil bit of training he will make a great companion..the only problem is..well..im still hungry...
bravery is not not being scared.it is being scared but doing it any way.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 06:40:20 pm »
There is this wonderful cook at the Hydlaa tavern. He will sell you all the food you want. :D Thanks for not eating the groffel.

/me pets nibbles and says \"Not everyone is going to eat the groffels like Draklar Nibbles, see Longy didn\'t eat his\" Zorbels smiles down fondly at her familiar.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 06:40:41 pm by zorbels »
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

arcain

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 06:49:45 pm »
tehe ! ya it was lucky..he is to cute to eat though..i mean half baby owl and half baby deer..cmon thats cute!
ya the severs down so i guess i will be hungry for a while...i wonder what a groffel would do if it got drunk...*grins*

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 08:11:35 pm »
lol....I thought it might be half fox and half chicken. I am not sure if it likes to drink, mine is not of age...snickers

shorty13

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Skiing > All
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 11:58:01 pm »
If you really think about the name and what it looks like, you will find it is half owl half griffin (the \"gr and \"ff\" from griffin + \"o\" and the ul sound in owl = groffel)

Anyway, yes that is a great story and I am sure Firestar, Nibbles, and Shadow will be able to play together nicely and..well...playfully ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 11:58:38 pm by shorty13 »
There are two types of people in this world: The Pinky and the Brain.
Which one are you?

arcain

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 07:27:40 pm »
you guys  groffels are a bit oldef so they have to be gentle..nut ya shadow will love that;)

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 04:07:57 pm »
Originally posted by shorty13
If you really think about the name and what it looks like, you will find it is half owl half griffin (the \"gr and \"ff\" from griffin + \"o\" and the ul sound in owl = groffel)

I did some investigating and a \"griffin\" is actually a lion and an eagle. I am not getting where you are coming from with the owl part though... /me scratches her head... I thought it would be pronouced
\"Graw-ful\" = Groffel. If I am wrong please do correct me. As to what a Groffel is who knows.....

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 04:38:16 pm »
Originally posted by zorbels
/me pets nibbles and says \"Not everyone is going to eat the groffels like Draklar Nibbles, see Longy didn\'t eat his\"
>.>
Draklar isn\'t going to eat his Groffel anymore...
AKA Skald

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 04:50:49 pm »
:O Draklar is this true ...... Zorbels does the kitty dance!!! That is GREAT news!!! I am happy that you have changed your mind and good luck to your familiar and you in your adventures in Yliakum. :D

shorty13

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Skiing > All
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 08:55:15 pm »
Originally posted by zorbels
Originally posted by shorty13

I did some investigating and a \"griffin\" is actually a lion and an eagle. I am not getting where you are coming from with the owl part though... /me scratches her head... I thought it would be pronouced
\"Graw-ful\" = Groffel. If I am wrong please do correct me. As to what a Groffel is who knows.....

thats wut i meant.  notice i said the \"o\" sound, not the \"ow\" sound.  Also, just look at the little guy\'s face and ears, it looks like an ow\'s face, just not flattened out.
There are two types of people in this world: The Pinky and the Brain.
Which one are you?