Author Topic: The Philosophy of a Rebel  (Read 800 times)

acheronista

• Traveller
    • View Profile
The Philosophy of a Rebel
« on: January 07, 2006, 06:29:54 pm »
As I walked the land I saw many battles, many injustices, and many deceptions. I have seen women and children slain by rogue warriors, and harmless travlers demolished by dark knights of various breed. Alone I thought for many many months \"what could the gods possible care for if not their own people.\" I learned a terrible truth, the \"gods\" only care for themselves... So then I being a warrior must return the favor and care not for the gods... YA! I spit upon them in discust! Talad, Lannx. vodul, the black flame... worthless idols to be trodden underfoot! I alone shall decide my fate and destiny and if the gods do not like my path, then to hell with them! I have proclaimed my philosphy after my people and race, Diabolism. Those that would rather use their power within, then to seek the comfort of a coldhearted \"god.\" Those that would choose their own path in life and slay anyone that tells them otherwise... \"What is a Diabolist?\" the master of his own destiny I answer. I do not wish a war with the gods, I simply wish to enlighten those that can be. And if this angers them GOOD for they have angered me greatly. Should I be struck down by them, they themseleve then have shown their own insecurities, weakness and fear of the Diabolist and we will then become stronger than they could possibly imagine! I walk my path now with purpose and determination the Diabolist will have their place in the land and we shall be a proud
and honoured people for all to fear and admire. Hence forth I shall be known as Acheronista *Griglore - elite in The Chosen Few Hail Strength!

*Griglore- and ancient diaboli name meaning \"He/She that defys the gods\"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 10:06:24 pm by acheronista »

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 09:28:13 pm »
Very good. I am amazed at how closely this mirrors the history I created for the Diaboli and why they hate the \'gods\' so very much. Someday I shall write it for all to share.  ;)

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 11:07:58 am »
This is similar to the old Mitaki. He didn\'t believe in gods, since they never helped him or his village through their hardships, and he was all alone in the world throughout his entire childhood. He didn\'t base anything on his race, but he still refused to believe in the gods for anything.

acheronista

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 06:25:39 pm »
acheronista is not an atheist. He believes in gods as he has seen laanx with his own eyes, he just thinks they are worthless, no better than a wooden idol.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 07:03:30 pm »
Eh, I meant he didn\'t \"believe\" in them, he didn\'t trust them for anything.