Author Topic: A Fun Story for Everyone  (Read 3921 times)

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
A Fun Story for Everyone
« on: September 21, 2008, 01:41:18 pm »
Usually the stories written in this forum are written by one person. I noticed this http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23917.0 and thought it would be fun do something like it again.

As always there are rules to follow: 1) Stay in character 2) have fun. So use a little imagination and let us all make a story together. Join me and let us  have a new adventure.

On my first day in Hydlaa I watched the many races working and selling their wares. I worried in this big city I would get lost and have trouble finding a way to make tria to survive in this new land I wanted to call home. Until someone came up to me and said…….

(Edit: Introduce yourself to me. Show me around. Explain how I can make weapons, mine and make tria. Maybe even explain what your guild is all about)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:16:28 am by Mathy Stockington »
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
Re: A Fun Story for Everyone
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:49:34 pm »
[How does this work?]

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 04:02:39 pm »
[This is easy. Think as if you were in game and you met a new person. How would you introduce yourself to them? If they wanted to be shown around what would you show them? What would you teach them first to be able to live here? Use your imagination and make a story out of it just stay in character. Also read the other link so you can see how it was done before. It is called role play.]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 04:51:47 pm by Mathy Stockington »

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 05:26:29 pm »
A big, manly Kran of gray stone stomps over to [whoever Mathy is] and clashes his studded vambraces together. Kras voice rumbles, "Who is this newcomer... Hallo, I am the great and awesome Boulder Smasher, the Fire Treader, Buuldor Roklavaa!" Kra shoves kras face into hers. "Does this newcomer need something?"

;D

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 06:11:35 pm »
"I am Mathy, a mere dwarf. You are so very tall Sir Buuldor. I am new here and thinking of making this land my new home. Can you help me by showing me the way of life here and maybe introducing me to some who live here?"

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 02:11:07 pm by Mathy Stockington »

Beniel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 10:42:51 pm »
Beniel looks up from one of Harnquist's anvil at the sound of nearby voices. Seeing Buuldor and Mathy, he thought to himself, potential customers?. "I suppose it's worth a try", he mumbled under his breath. "Good kra, and master dwarf, might you be interested in some fine blades?"

[I thought that we should have a location, and Harnquists seems as good a place as any to start. We can always move on to other places later :) ]

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 05:38:48 am »
Morla is sitting under a nearby tree pulling absent-mindedly at a dirty blood-stained bandage around her left wrist. As the sound of Beniel's hammering on the anvil stops, she gives a start and looks up. Her cold grey eyes linger for a few moments on Mathy as she tries to size her up. Then she averts her gaze and goes back to stare into nothingness with an evil grin on her face.

[Great idea! I hope many people join in  :thumbup:]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 05:43:20 am by Morla Phlint »

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 06:12:31 am »
* Mathy Stockington looks at my traveling attire, seeing how bundled she is in her winter clothes and can imagine that she could be seen as a male dwarf.

"Sir, forgive me, I know not your name. A weapon sounds like a good idea to have. Though the problem is I have no tria in which to buy such an item. Can you tell me how I might obtain some?"

"Sir Buuldor do you think I should have a dagger?"

* Mathy Stockington looks about and sees a lady sitting under a tree and hopes she will come and introduce herself.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 02:11:55 pm by Mathy Stockington »

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 06:23:01 am »
*Mathy Stockington looks about and sees a lady sitting under a tree and hopes she will come and introduce herself.
[Uhm... no chance she would, unfortunately. Morla is not somebody you'd like to have around at the moment. She's changed quite a bit lately. I just hope I have the time and inspiration to write down the story  ;)]

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 01:57:21 pm »
Buuldor smashes kras fists together. "Dagger? I don't know. I use my body as a weapon. The little dwarf lady has soft skin, so maybe it is best you have a dagger."

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 02:15:11 pm »
"Sir Buuldor, how would I possibly pay for something such as a dagger?"

* Mathy Stockington thinks that I have no idea even how to use such a weapon if I even had one.

As I look around see so many people working at their trades I wonder if anyone else will come by and introduce themselves. They look to busy for me to bother them. I wish to be welcome here.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 02:21:06 pm by Mathy Stockington »

Beniel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 08:48:32 pm »
Beniel frowns, as he notices Morla's evil grin from nearby. Shaking of his unease, he rearranges his face into a friendly smile. "I'm sorry, good dwarf, my name is Beniel, of the Imperial Trades. Might I be honored enough to learn the name of you and your companion?"

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 12:11:22 am »
The Kran begins introducing themselves to Beniel before Mathy can even blink: "I am Boulder Smasher and Fire Treader Buuldor Roklavaa, and this munchkin calls herself Maffy."

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 06:11:56 am »
* Mathy Stockington smiles and giggles looking up at Sir Boulder as he introduces me. It is a pleasure to meet you Sir Beniel.

"Can you please tell me about this city? What is the name? What are all these people doing? Who is that man in the building over there? I need to know more if I am to stay here and I think I would like to do so."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:46:28 am by Mathy Stockington »

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 09:10:28 pm »
*gwinn strolls over to Harnquest, looks him in the eye Seemingly sizing him up, she sighs and shakes her head*

"Harnquest you've been to the tavern today I see. Just so you know I'll be counting my tria twice. So no funny Business. I'll pay what your lesson is worth and not a tria more!"

*gwinn Listens to Harnquests slurred instructions while taking notes. Pays for her lesson Then turns to go about her business.*

Mathy! *waves* Hello, sorry I didn't see you there, How are you?