Author Topic: A Fun Story for Everyone  (Read 3920 times)

Beniel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: A Fun Story for Everyone
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 09:14:43 pm »
"I'm no sir, er, Maffy" Beniel says, inclining his head towards the mismatched pair in greeting. "This building is the only Smithy in town, and the chap over there, Harnquist, owns and runs the place if I'm not mistaken. So you guys are new in town?"

*Beniel witnesses Gwinn greeting Mathy

"Another newcomer?" Beniel thinks to himself.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:17:32 pm by Beniel »

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 06:38:14 am »
* Mathy Stockington blushes at Beniel for her error.

"Lady Beniel my name is Mathy. So that is Harnquist the Smithy over there. He is our blacksmith then, correct? I do wish to buy a dagger from you because Sir Bouulder says I should have one if you can tell me how to get some tria to do so."

"Greetings to you my dear Gwinn. I am well and you? What have you been doing today?"
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 12:22:58 am »
I am well, Lady Mathy. *smiles* I just stopped by to get a lesson from Ol' Harn.

*looks at her notes with a confused look on her face, sighs, then looks back to Mathy*

To be honest , I am not sure I have this right, but if I would wait till ol' Harny is sober I fear I would never get a lesson.

*shakes her head, sighs and shoves her notes into her pack*.

What brings you here?

*Nods a hello to those standing about*

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 08:30:46 am »
"Gwinn I heard about this land from some back home and came here to see if this is a good place to live. Though I think I need to learn much to be able to stay. Do you have anything you can teach me about this land? Can you introduce me to your friends?"

Volund

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 09:40:45 pm »
Volund strodes down the hillside towards Harnquists smithy and hears a dwarf womans voice, a Krans voice and a...voice of a old friend. *It couldn't be Gwinn, Volund thinks to himself"
Volund quietly walks past the chattering trio and covers his face with his hand inconspicously.
*I'm not sure, it might be her, then again..*
Volund shakes his head and walks over to the apple tree and takes a seat.
We all know ylians have the package, the looks, the brain, pretty much all of it, I feel guilty.

bloodedIrishman's alter-ego while stunned by the banhammer.

Eloras

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 02:48:23 am »
Astia a dermorian female is at the end of the forge preparing some metal to make herself new daggers when she hears Gwinn talking with the old drunkard Harnquist.

Laughing at Gwinns words she finishes up the job at hand then ambles round into the forge building. Smiling at Gwinn she nods her head towards the slouched and swaying smith 'been at the ale again that one, did you smell it on his breath and how are you by the way Gwinn?'.

Noticing the Dwarf lady and the big Kran she extends her hand to both ' hello im Astia are you two with Gwinn?'.

She whispers to the Dwarf lady 'im making myself some new daggers so you are welcome to have my old ones for free, call it a welcoming gift from Hydlaa if you like. They are a bit worn from use but still very serviceable'.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 06:09:59 am »
"Greetings Astia. I am pleased to meet you."

The dagger being held to me looks brand except for some blood on the tip as I take it. It feels foreign in my hands because I have never held a weapon as such before. As I look at it I see it is finely crafted and has an 'A' on the handle. It is heavy for me, but I will learn how to use it.

Smiling up at Astia, "This is a present I will cherish forever and I will try to maintain it as well as you have Astia. Gwinn you have some very fine friends."

I look at another member of the community sitting under an apple tree in hopes he will come to introduce himself.

"Gwinn, my new friend, is there somewhere to get a drink here in this fine city? A mug of cider would be most enjoyable right about now."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:10:33 pm by Mathy Stockington »

playbetter

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 09:38:24 am »
[Me too, me too.]

A traveler walks out of a tunnel cleaning a sword. He looks up and suddenly realizes he is back in the city and hurriedly puts it away, looking to see if any guards are around. He is a Yllian that looks somewhat rough, with older equipment that shows some hard use, but also looks well maintained for its obvious age. Seeing the group he comes up for a look at the newcomers.

Seeing the dagger he says "I haven't seen you around before so I will warn you. No weapons are to be unsheathed inside the city. Don't let the guards see you." After the dagger is put out of sight he says "I am Thim Waster. I will help you if I can But I am still relatively new to this area myself."

Mathy repeats her story without looking at all exasperated.

Thim says "I could stand some cider myself. I will show you the way to Kada-El's. The best drinks in Hydlaa. It can get a little rough there though. Last night a drunk dwarf pretty near knocked me out when he ran into me and I hit the wall. Then he bothered a member of the PoC guild. They are not very tolerant and he was set on fire. Usually it is not that bad though. Just interesting.

As far as making tria, I can't help too much. I have plenty of good steel stocks for sale but no one seems to be buying them now. Maybe you could ask around the tavern for merchants that may need some help."

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 11:14:56 am »
"Sir Thim it is nice to meet you. I did not know that I had to put away the dagger. You see Astia just gave me it and I was getting used to the feel of it in my hand. Being that I never had one before it is a bit heavy for me. Or it could be that I am so small and  weak?

So you mention a place to get some cider Sir Thim. Though I am not sure it sounds like a place for a little lady such as myself."

* Mathy Stockington looks up at Sir Thim with a concerned look.

playbetter

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 12:26:40 pm »
     Seeing Mathy's concerned look Thim looks confused. Then he suddenly says. "Oh sorry. I have done it again.....lost my point in the story. I did not mean to say Kada-El's is dangerous. The best drinks around are sold there and you can meet anyone or anything. Calak the dwarf is a friend, and had gotten some kind of potion he drank. No idea where he got it as we went to Kada's together and he had not ordered yet. I got too close in trying to help when he accidentally drove me into the wall."

Thim says "I am going to Kada's for a quick drink, but cannot stay long." He begins walking, skirting the plaza and still talking without checking to see if anyone is following.

"The Prophets of Chaos are a group that will tell you they are good, while they will do anything that helps themselves only. The guards are usually close to Kada's in case of trouble but were a distance away at the time of the incident. The PoC are afraid of the Ochtarchy and want to stay on their good side any way possible and will not do anything near a guard. Suffice it to say Calak was healed and sat down for a friendly chat with the PoC members at Kada's after His episode. I did not see what happened after that as when I sat down I realized how tired I was from my day of training and fighting and got a room for the night.

You may have noticed I belong to the Warriors Militia. When not fighting PoC outside the city, and where there are no guards, to defend those who cannot defend themselves I am training to be better able to fight all evil. I joined the Warriors Militia In their war with the PoC in order to not only get training, but also to be in an organized group for good. A group well organized can do more good than any of the seperate people in it.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 07:55:19 am »
Now standing alone after meeting Thim who ran off to the tavern and continue with his business, I wonder about this land. I hoped to make friends and learn of the ways of the races here.

Silently I watch as each person goes about their business and think this is a complex place to live in. I hope I can find a home and make a living here so I can stay.

playbetter

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 07:01:59 pm »
     Thim reached the road leaving the plaza and turned to look at Mathy. Then with a confused look on his face turned in a circle. Not seeing Mathy, who he assumed would follow him, he looked back towards the small group of people at Harnquists.

Thim stood at the intersection wondering if he should go back for her, or if she did not want a cider after all.

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 10:59:36 am »
Volund.... ! Good to see you. It has been some time. How are you?  This is Mathy... *gestures toward Mathy* I am afraid I do not know kra *gestures toward the Kran*
Have you been Keeping out of trouble?

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2008, 06:35:24 am »
In a small voice looking way up at Volund, "Greetings. Can you please tell me how to get a job so I might be able to make some tria so I can eat and find a place to sleep?"

"Gwinn you are such a good friend. Thank you."

screwballl

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2008, 11:49:49 am »
Talikarni the Klyros happens to be walking by and hears the plea for help. As he had not been around this town long himself and went through the same feelings, he steps in Mathys direction.

"You can always ask some of the local townsfolk for assistance, such as Harnquist or the Tavern keeper, as they are so busy handling their shops that they need some chores and quests done on occasion away from their shops, and usually they compensate very well."