Author Topic: Tavern of Four Winds Chapter I  (Read 496 times)

Amoondred

• Wayfarer
  • Addicted ale drinker!
    • View Profile
Tavern of Four Winds Chapter I
« on: December 03, 2009, 09:52:18 am »
It was a cold night. Hydlaa's streets were lonely and no one but the city guards could be seen. The wind was blowing heavily and anyone could feel the cold to their bones. Clouds covered the entire sky and few stars could be seen.
A man with a cowl and a cape was slowly walking his way to the tavern of Kada-El as if he's carefully measuring his steps in case he falls on the ground. He walked past the guards while whispering wods that were on some different language the did not understand.
Upon entering the tavern the man looked around.

"Good evening Sir!" - said the bartender while scrubbing the worktop. - "What can I get you?"

The man took away his cowl. He was an old man that obviously had his adventures in the past. A giant scar across his nose was a proof of that. His cheeks were red in colour obviously from the sturdy wind. Wrincles covered his forehead.

"There is a man that I seek! Amoondred by name. He said he will be in this very tavern." - said with a grumpy voice.
"Ah, he is waiting downstairs. Just take the stairs." - pointed the bartender, leaving his rag on his shoulder.

The man sighned and took the stairs to the lower floor. There he could see some barrels which were obviously filled with nice ale brewed in the same tavern he was in. There he could feel the warmth coming from the fireplace nearby. A couple of tables and chairs were placed in the hole room. The lights were off and the only light was coming from the cozy fire in the wall.
Amoondred was sitting on one of the chairs near the fire with a mig at his side. When he saw the man coming from the stairs he took a scruffy bag and opened it.

"It sure took you a while Fellohide. Were where you?" - said Amoondred with a smirk on his face.

The man by the name of Fellohide, took away his cape and placed it on one of the chairs. Sat on it and looked at the fireplace.

"Oh well, I was delayed. How are you my friend? Do you have what I asked you to bring?" - said Fellohide and moved his eyes to the bag that Amoondred placed on the table.
"Sure I have." - he answered and put his hand in the bag.

From there he took a pipe and weed, that he gave to Fellohide and drank a big sip from his mug.

"Thank you my friend!" - said Fellohide and slowly lit his pipe. - "I see you brought the weed from the distant fields out of Hydlaa." - he took a puff and looked at Amoondred - "There is actually something I wanted to discuss with you. You see, I returned from the Hydlaa Mountains but something happened there. There was an old creature long forgotten to our fellow men. I think this is the reason why these days the weather in Hydlaa is so strange. I hid myself behind a rock I wanted to see what it was doing. It was performing some strange magic the likes of it I've never encountered." - sait Fellohide in a low voice so that only the two of them could here.
"Really?" - said Amoondred with astonished look. - "I haven't went outside the tavern in a long time. Maybe two days already."

Fellohide took another puff from his pipe and continued:

"Don't you wonder why the wind is blowing in four different directions? There is something with an evil intend coming this way. That foul creature is behind all this." - said Fellohide with anger and spat on the floor. - "I think it is after you!"
"After me? But what have I done to provoke that creature!" - looked dazzled Amoondred.
"I think it's because you went there and found the creature's lair. Now maybe it is affraid that you will tell the militia where it is hiding."
"Well I should." - said Amoondred with confidence. - "I should tell the militia! This way we can get rid of that creature. Obviously it wants to kill me!"

Fellohide took some weed from the bag and placed it in the pipe.

"I can offer you the protection of my guild. "ShadowSteps" will hid you from the creature for a while. You however have to do some research in our library. We have to find a way to stop him. I don't like the four winds. They are just too creepy."
"Are you sure it's not Dark magic?" - said Amoondred.
"I'm thinking that maybe this creature is fluent in Dark way sorcery and the only way to prevent further omens is to confront his spells. These four winds will follow you wherever you go. Untill you march to the Death Realm. Be ever vigilant Amoondred." - said Fellohide and smilled. - "Now let's go to our hideout. I think it's time for us to leave. Otherwise the bartender may understand why there aren't any visitors but us here." - laughed Fellohide and returned the bag to his friend.

Amoondred drank his ale in one sip and stood up.

"Let's go!" - he said - "I think two hole days here is far enough for me. Show me "ShadowSteps"'s hideout and let me find a way to stop that creature."

The two men said farewell to the bartender and left the tavern. The guards looked at them and continued their tellings. The bartender scrubbing a mug lifted his eyes to see his recent visitors again, but they were no longer there.
The four winds around Kada-El's Tavern vanished as mysteriously as they came.