Author Topic: the first heresy  (Read 1064 times)

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
the first heresy
« on: July 10, 2005, 05:31:44 pm »
whomever reads these words, know this. i did not deny the exsistance of the gods. know also this. i was imprisoned for thinking them. i was tortured for writing them. i was killed for speaking them.

yliakium is not inside a giant stalagmite in a cave. i did not know the true shape of that surrounds the world. but, i suspected that it is either more mundane, or more fantasic than we can imagine.

i have spent years wandering the caverns. i have made many and crude maps. despite my efforts, i was not able to find the edge. i have met tribes whose knowledge of the caverns vastly exceeds any who live under the azure sun. yet they neiter have found the outside. all that i have seen caused me to believe one thing. yliakium is not as the priests will have us believe.

but, despite my certainty of what the shape is not, one thing worried me. the answer to the question of the true shape of the world. to have simply chosen would have been no change at all. merely one false belief replaced with another. but, worse it would have been an act of a god, reshaping the universe at my own whim. something that, even in my arrogent certainty, i would not aspire to do.

i have left these words so that future generations may know two things. the first is that the world is not what you have been taught. the second is that despite their efforts to silence me, my words have escaped. others, even but a few, have read them, and learned them.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.