Author Topic: Sylvain Rising  (Read 979 times)

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Sylvain Rising
« on: March 20, 2013, 08:54:22 pm »
The baking mid day heat of the crystal clearly made the task that the young Ylian had to do in the courtyard of the farm estate even tougher. With his black hair being stuck onto his forehead due to the amount of sweat, along with his clothes soaked through. He had the unenviable responsibility of moving a pile of heavy bags of wheat from underneath a tree to a pile at a nearby shack, a distance of 20 feet. This was clearly a strain on the body, but yet with every bag he went to lift, his teal blue eyes widen in determination to succeed in this duty.

After a while his grind was done and he sat by beneath the tree to benefit from what little shade it had to gift him with. Reaching for his water pouch and taking a well deserved drink from it, he spots a older Ylian standing over him and puts the water pouch away from his moist lips.

"Is that it for now father?" The younger Ylian enquired.
The older Ylian nodded and smiled "Indeed for now, it is Sylvain" offering a helping hand up. To which Sylvain accepted, brushed himself down whilst saying "I won't miss those duties".
The father let out a small laugh "Perhaps." he looks towards the main building of the estate "Grab some food from Corbett....and perhaps a wash before tonight?" he gives a wink to Sylvain
"Always something else eh father?" Sylvain said with a wry smile and walked to the main building.

His father watched as his son went inside, he then look around. The courtyard was in the midst of a busy day with farm hands rushing around to attend their various roles in working the farm. Amongst the organised chaos he was witnessing a female ylian calmly approach him,grabbed hold of him and gave him a soothing kiss.

"Robbie my dear, you are in the way of all these hands, let us sit down in the grass for a while" She smiled at him
"I am aren't I?" he smiled "That sounds delightful"
Hand in hand they walked away from the courtyard and into the grass, laying down beneath the tree cover to protect them from the heat.

"Do you think he is ready Roberet?" The female Ylian asked resting her head on his chest
"In all honesty Ariuy......I cannot be sure." Roberet began "However he has little else to learn around here and he is of the right age to be allowed away from the home." he stroked her hair "Besides, my mind and body tire of it all, I find here to be some what more desirable as I go on."

Ariuy gave a little quiet chuckle "Ah our we being selfish here Robbie? Sending our only child to do our work?"
Roberet responds with a chuckle in return then said "Perhaps..... but surely Sylvain will be bore of this surrounding...as pleasant as it is. There is excitement and opportunity out there, a name of his own to be made!"
Ariuy simply says quietly "Perhaps..." before closing her eyes.

Later on that night the once busy bright courtyard was a light in the darkness of night. Many benches lined up to form one line, decorations of bunting, gems and torches lighted up the courtyard. With the huge feast on the tables topping off a joyous atmosphere with all sort of village characters, from the farm hands to the other families sitting side by side.

Roberet stood up, made a cling sound with his spoon and wine glass to get everyones attention.

"I'll keep this short ladies and gentlemen, as the food well only be so hot and tender for so long! It has been proud feat of my wife Ariuy and I to restore this estate back to it's glory, tonight we celebrate 15 years of operations here, it has been a project of absolute love. Yet Ariuy's and I are most proud of our son Sylvain, who tomorrow in the morning shall be leaving for the big H, to strive for success! A toast ladies and gentlemen, to Sylvain Goldsmith"

With that everyone joined their glasses together and a loud crowd shout of  "Cheers!"

The celebrations carried on into the night.

Then morning came. Roberet and Sylvain were preparing their Rivnaks for the journey ahead. The preparation was silent for the most part with the odd "Thank you" to the farm hands who came back and forth with equipment and supplies.

Eventually they both mounted their rivnaks. Roberet looked at Sylvain
"Remember there is opportunity out there for you. You take whatever you can however you can."
Sylvain nodded
"Don't let honor get in the way of things, you'll find many other don't" Roberet continued

"Oh have no fear about that father, none shall be in my way to glory" Sylvain responds with grit in his voice
"Let's ride" he shouts and gallops of to the distance. With Roberet having a smile on the faced and gallops behind him.

Notes:
This whole village/farm is part of roberet's background story which is avaliable to read on the single author bits, but is riddled with typing errors I warn thee!

If you have read that then during my inactivity Roberet was indeed reunited with Ariuy and the family estate and of course they had a son. At some point I'll write about how that came to be!

Sylvain Goldsmith:  Going to say little  about his personality or how different he will be compared to Roberet. Let us just say he will be  a little bit more rough n ready.

The first name has some reasoning to it. First bit: Syl. Which could be pronounced as seel or sil. Sil as in silver. Silver is often  a second place prize in many sports to Gold. So silver= second. Sylvain Goldsmith= second Goldsmith. The second Goldsmith. Subtle links indeed! (But it starts a nice theme with Gold already in the family name)

Also this bit is a little bit more obvious. But Sylvain,or particularly just focusing on the second end of the name; vain. Which is a cheeky dig at Roberet's characteristic of being quite vain in particular with his hair. Also keeps the idea of Roberet wanting Sylvain to become like him, or rather even better.

Look forward to playing Sylvain...in game!]

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Sylvain Rising
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 10:33:30 pm »
awww, and here I was guessing the "vain" might be in reference to a vein of silver or even gold discovered and ready to be mined even though not spelled as that meaning.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 10:40:37 pm »
This was a nice intro for the character. I don't normally stop and read stories on the forum but this one did keep me engaged. :)

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 07:40:49 am »
This was a nice intro for the character. I don't normally stop and read stories on the forum but this one did keep me engaged. :)
Thank you :)! Hope he will be just as engaging in game aha!
awww, and here I was guessing the "vain" might be in reference to a vein of silver or even gold discovered and ready to be mined even though not spelled as that meaning.

I like that thought! It is a shame I lack the creative intelligence to come with that myself.Haha.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 02:26:37 pm »
 \\o// I like it! I can't wait to see the character in game. And the explanation of his name made me lul.  ;D

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 11:15:34 am »
Love it! A shame I only just read it now, haha  :flowers:

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 02:19:22 pm »

I agree...  :)
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 02:14:41 am »

Very kind. Looking back on this, personally, I find it awful.

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 02:28:18 pm »
Very kind. Looking back on this, personally, I find it awful.

We all progress and evolve. We chase dreams and pursue lofty goals that on hindsight appear drab and commonplace, new beginnings however always look as bright as the new dawn. I personally find this interesting and promising, though I am afraid the time Sylvain Goldsmith has walked the dusty roads of the dome is now past. Keep in mind that our history is the foundation on which we now stand, and don't pass so strict a judgment on your former self.