Author Topic: [Open RP] A lot of Fuss for Fyran  (Read 2112 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: [Open RP] A lot of Fuss for Fyran
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2016, 04:00:58 pm »
[A little... I think. We kinda need to see what Zwei is up to so we don't godmod his character out of his intended actions though there's a little wiggle room for another reaction before we see what Kwynnuhaav does.]

Corine complains loudly as he topples over, "Oof! Whash wrong with this city today?"

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2016, 06:20:50 pm »
[sorry, work picked up. I'll try and respond tonight!]

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2016, 07:25:28 pm »
[No worries. :) I figured something like that happened.

However, since this is a training thread, it's good for people to see how stories can hang up if waiting for a particular character's actions. Casual bar RP threads usually don't get hung up like that because the conversation can just flow around the missing part as oppose to actions having to wait.]

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2016, 10:38:17 pm »
Kwynuuhaav sees the glimmer of recognition in the boys eyes and the Dermorian lady rushing forward. He tries to cover his face as he moves forward but fails to conceal his identity. The full force of his rush is directed through his shoulder into the limp body of the drunk, and his target slumps to the ground. Kwynuuhaav reaches for the edge of the sack in an attempt to run away with it, and his fingers begin to brush the fabric. However, at the same time the momentum of his run carries him further off his balance, and he collapses on the now annoyed looking drunkard. He struggles to his feet, but not in time to get away from the advancing Dermorian.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2016, 10:59:08 am »
Corine grunts and bellows as Kwynuuhaav lands on him causing a stirring in a few of the nearby houses.

"Oiy.... get off!" He said while attempting to help push Kwyn off. "Only thing I need laying on me is a lovely..."

The sentence trailed off in Corine's drunken stupor as he rubs his chin. The drunk Yilan struggles to focus on Kwyn trying to figure out if he's male or female.

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2016, 02:19:32 pm »
Tiler scrambles towards the deeper shadows of the crates as apparent mayhem ensues behind him.
Thoss Yonbur/Aarnir Irety/Oslorod Krolar/Myno Eljin

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2016, 07:36:09 pm »
Noticing the attempt to relieve the group of the bag of bottle, Corrine complains and reaches for the sack himself.

"Ey, there's enough to share!"

He attempts to whisper, but being more than a little drunk, it comes out louder than he intended.

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2016, 05:08:18 pm »
Still attempting to get out of the way of whatever is going on near the sack, Tiler continues to scramble into the shadows and slides up next to one of the crates... immediately letting out a rather loud yelp as the sliding has resulting in a more than just superficial scape across is shoulder blades from a nail protruding from the edge of one of the old crates.

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2016, 11:31:58 pm »
Kwynuuhaav flinches at every new loud sound. Surprised to see that the Dermorian lady has yet to make any moves, he grabs the sack again and tries to pull it with him and escape.

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2016, 11:35:32 pm »
Theandra does indeed seem a bit frozen with indecision, after barely managing to avoid tripping over the chaotic mess Kwynuuhaav had caused. As the Klyros tries to make off with the bag, however, the movement catches her attention and she takes an almost hesitant step closer.

"I don't think that's yours...?"
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2016, 01:40:59 pm »
At the sound of Tiler's yelp Llyeth frantically says Tiler's name in a voice a bit louder than she intended as she stands up from her spot in the shadows.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2016, 09:16:59 pm »
[Ok, now is a good time to explain about what happens when a thread gets to this point. While we can all keep posting, this RP is effectively dead. This is not because we aren't posting, that is just a symptom; it's dead because there's nothing relevant left to do and anything else is just wringing it out past it's time.

At this point in a thread, the best thing to do is to poll to see if others want to go ahead and close the RP and make their last remarks. For this RP, the logical end would be that Kwyn gets the sack and makes a clean break for it. Now this wasn't the most ground shattering RP, but that's ok. Most RPs aren't and all RPs are a gamble.

Hopefully though, this thread is enough to show how thread RPs can be used to allow RP when you can't be in game or you are working across timezones. It has both drawbacks and advantages.

So, is everyone good on ending the RP? We can make out characters' closing actions then let it rest. :)]

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2016, 10:08:55 pm »
[ I am fine with whatever... although I agree it is dead... I don't think it is because there story has nowhere to go though... is just that interest was lost.... to me the hypothetical story has just begun... I don't think we even know what is in the sack... aside from the drunk assuming it is liquor... what does Kwyn think it is? Has he any use for liquor... what are Tiler and Llyeth even doing there... what might happen with this scratch... how pissed off and what response would the unamed person who arranged the deliver be and what might they do...  what does Kwen do to Theandra's questioning? ... etc... were thoughts I have...

But yeah... I agree it's dead and am ready to move on myself currently. So that's my vote. :) ]

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2016, 10:42:06 pm »
[Short & simple: yes, I agree, it feels dead. I'd be fine with moving on.]
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2016, 10:49:42 pm »
[ I am fine with whatever... although I agree it is dead... I don't think it is because there story has nowhere to go though... is just that interest was lost.... to me the hypothetical story has just begun... I don't think we even know what is in the sack... aside from the drunk assuming it is liquor... what does Kwyn think it is? Has he any use for liquor... what are Tiler and Llyeth even doing there... what might happen with this scratch... how pissed off and what response would the unamed person who arranged the deliver be and what might they do...  what does Kwen do to Theandra's questioning? ... etc... were thoughts I have...

But yeah... I agree it's dead and am ready to move on myself currently. So that's my vote. :) ]

[A lot of those questions are unanswered but this thread was not set up quite so well for answering those questions in the form of RP. That would lean more toward collaborative storywriting whereas this thread was meant to mimic an in game RP. If it had been in game you likely would not have gotten those answers in the scene anyway.]