Author Topic: Moogie's Story  (Read 8703 times)

Typo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2003, 10:13:40 pm »
Congrats Moogie...........and i LOVE the avatar.........cute kitty

Darkmoon

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • "----------"
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2003, 11:49:37 pm »
I like Moogie\'s style very much.  The story thus far is unfolding nicely.  I do indeed like seeing actual PS forum members in the narrative; it brings it to life, and closer to home.  Can\'t wait to see how things pan out.   8)

[After reading part 3: I\'m having a bit of deja vu?  How odd...]

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2003, 05:30:31 am »
Hiya all,

Thanks again for the feedback. I\'ve practically stopped writing for now, although I\'ve started chapter 4. But don\'t worry, I will continue this soon. I\'m going to place the chapters on a website and just edit this post whenever I\'ve completed a new one.

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2003, 11:55:23 pm »
Maybe you could work in the Cabal? Auran here seems very interested, he could give some suggestions on how the Cabal acts. The Cabal is very versatile in a story (though obviously in some sort of villainous type thing).

Auran

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Quite pants really...
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2003, 06:08:29 am »
I\'ll also make a good addition in some steamy adult scene:D. But not with Evanchild plz. I know \"the gnomes want me\" (the sickos X() but I dont want them :D.

Auran. No More.
Forget you ever knew me kid.

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2003, 10:11:36 am »
Originally posted by Auran
I know \"the gnomes want me\" (the sickos X() but I dont want them :D.

My, my... You are showing lots of interest in that sentence.... :)
I think deep down in your heart you love them, Auran
You just don\'t know how to show it :)
Maybe someday you\'ll meet nice gnome lady and she\'ll change your way of being ;)
good luck! :)
AKA Skald

Auran

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Quite pants really...
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2003, 10:51:54 am »
Shut up Drak! The gnomes want you too ( havent you read their slogan \"The gnomes want you\" ). Dont go about giving Evan false notions. You just might end up with him (or is that something that you wanted ;)). Besides you know Moogie\'s the only one for me;) even though she spurns me.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 10:56:24 am by Auran »

Auran. No More.

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2003, 01:05:35 pm »
It says the gnomes j33d you, whatever that means.

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2003, 01:52:02 pm »
uhh yea, i never seen them saying they want me...
Evan\'s sig is saying they \'need\' you...
That leads to one conclusion...
c\'mon Auran... what\'s her name? :) ;)

Edit: sorry Moogie :(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 02:26:00 pm by Draklar »
AKA Skald

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2003, 02:23:24 pm »
Ugh, the Cabal plague spreads everywhere... please stop the spam.

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2003, 07:56:47 pm »
It\'s hard to keep a topic under control unless something keeps it relavent. In your case, that would be the next part of your story. However, in a thread like this, it isn\'t like you can update it every day.
Too bad you aren\'t a mod on this forum.

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2003, 08:47:58 pm »
I WANT UPDATES!  :(   ;(

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2003, 10:43:03 pm »
Blaahh! I\'ve stopped writing. :( I just can\'t seem to get back into it. I did begin writing chapter 4, but I gave up after a while because it just sounded wrong. I had (and still have) a major writer\'s block here, as always happens to my stories... I\'ve never finished one before, ever, because of this.

Darnit... well okay, here\'s what I did write.

Moogie sat up quickly, her ears pricking up in alert. She had been sitting infront of the fireplace most of the day, having raided Draklar\'s pantry for food and drink, and had been gently drifting off into sleep when she heard a muffled noise somewhere outside the room. She listened for a long time, wondering if Draklar had come home. Perhaps she had even imagined it. Whatever it was, nobody seemed to be there now. Moogie curled up tightly on the fluffy rug and closed her eyes again.

The feline suddenly jumped up onto her feet as the living room door burst open with a heavy kick. Four people dressed in dark clothing and brandishing shortswords bolted into the room and headed straight for the terrified girl. Moogie backed up against a wall, trapped, as the intruders closed in.

The air outside was silent and cold. Darkness prevailed along every street and building, shunned only by dim street-lamps that lined each side of the wide, cobbled roads. Nighttime had long since put the city\'s inhabitants to sleep; a perfect opportunity for the group of kidnappers to carry an unconcious female to their waiting horse-driven cart without being seen. With their hostage secured, one of the masked people jumped into the driver seat while the others hopped into the back. With the crack of a whip, the horse gallopped down the road and out of the city gates, disappearing into the darkness. However, a lone figure had silently witnessed the entire scene hiding in an alleyway nearby, completely concealed by shadow. Stepping out into the open street, the cloaked man hurridly approached his steed.

Moogie awoke to a dull pain in her head. She slowly opened her eyes to a dimly lit cavern, a yellow shadow flickering across the jagged walls to her side. She tilted her head and saw a campfire there, aswell as several unknown figures feasting themselves on the meat that was roasting on a spit above the hot flame. One of them, an Enkidukai like herself, noticed that Moogie had regained conciousness, and got up to approach her.

End so far[/I]

That\'s all I have... it has too much detail at first and ends up sounding awkward. Then I had trouble with the shadowy figure as he was a late addition to the plot and I wasn\'t really expecting to change my ideas so soon. Now I\'m stuck on who exactly these kidnappers are... there\'s several possibilities, but I have to decide which direction the story is going in before I can risk commiting any more of the story to this thread. :P

Still I hope that quenches the need for updates, at least for a little while... I\'ll try to write more, I really will!

(Btw it\'s really nice to see people actually wanting to read it. :))

Auran

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Quite pants really...
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2003, 05:18:40 am »
I can help if you want:). I have a good plot as to how things might proceed from here. But that\'ll lead to inserting me and the Cabal into your story and I\'m not sure if you want that ?(.

Btw it\'s really nice to see people actually wanting to read it.:)

What did you expect. Its the best story i\'ve read so far:). (Jedi was good but kinda less interesting.)

Auran. No More.

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2003, 02:04:49 pm »
I\'ve had the same problem in the several stories I\'ve tried to write. This was my solution:
Start with the big picture. The little details can wait. Figure out the whole plot. This doesn\'t take long if you have good ideas.
Then, to fill in the little things, write down a list of things that it could be. Then, write why or why not you might want to use it (optional), then choose one. For example, one of my original stories refered to \"some guy\". So I sat down, wrote who could be in his situation, wrote why, wrote comments (I did this all with Graffiti writing on my palm, aren\'t you proud) and finally chose one. There were 8 entries, I think.
Yeah, so that\'s what I think.
Also, anotehr opinion I have: The Cabal would make great villians. There is nothing wrong with inserting them.