Author Topic: Illysia's Render Gallery  (Read 20701 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Illysia's Render Gallery
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2016, 09:46:17 am »
Not everything white and rectangular is an iPhone. :P

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2016, 02:35:13 am »
I would have hoped for some fancier folding; this way, it's mainly structured by its texture.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2016, 10:22:57 am »
Fancier folding means more triangles, but I considered it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:01:47 pm by Illysia »

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2016, 04:51:37 pm »
How about a customizable embroidered monogram?  ;D

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2016, 05:01:23 pm »
While that is doable, you'd have to make do with one big letter. :P

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 24, 2016, 02:22:48 am »
Alright, so I have been busy poking around in both Maya and UDK. So far, success!

There are yet quite a few things I need to tweak, outright change, and figure out how to do, but I've learned some things along the way. First lesson is make at least a 1024 x 1024 texture for walls next time... I wasn't thinking. :sweatdrop:

I'm happy with how the handmade sandstone texture worked out,aside from tiling issues, but I need to see if I can use the normal maps that come with the engine instead. What I'm hoping I can do is use two maps. One map to let me specify what takes the sandstone texture and what doesn't and the other map the actual sandstone normal map.

I did figure out how to set the material up to let me make certain parts shiny metallic though. See the pretty gold details. :D If I do another smaller item, I can also work on reflections. As it stands, I have a decent idea of how game companies cut corners to make things look nice but take as few calculations as possible. I will need to practice doing those things, but I'm on my way. :woot:

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2016, 12:52:46 pm »
I noticed while making tea that PS still used the perfume model for teas, so I made a simple teacup. Only 96 triangles.

Aeghiss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Hopefully my English grammar is flawless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2016, 05:01:32 pm »
Don't know for you, but when I drink tea, I use mugs that look more like this than that.
Aeghiss Rubinhertz, Ynnwn student at the University of Yliakum.
Melodria Palir, Enkidukai would-be Graalahkam-maarhe.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2016, 05:24:35 pm »
I went with a handle-less cup closer to some Japanese teacups I've seen. Not doing the handle saves some tris. However, I will eventually try different styles.

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2016, 06:11:41 pm »
The cup is great, but we still need a sturdy container for the teas, can't carry them around in the cup. Having a tea bottle to carry them and your tea cup to drink them in would be great, could you please make a model for an empty cup as well? Keep up the good work!  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:13:36 pm by Migg »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2016, 06:25:25 pm »
Thanks. Haha... yeah, an empty cup would be useful huh? ;D I'll put it on the to do list along with some bottles. I was planning on working on a kettle next.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:28:43 pm by Illysia »

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2016, 06:32:58 pm »
Thanks. Haha... yeah, an empty cup would be useful huh? ;D I'll put it on the to do list. I was planning on working on a kettle next.
You can put two different types of wine bottles on a table, but what goblets do you put on it? Empty ones would work best. That's the kind of situation i was thinking about, and teas are similar. Thanks a lot!

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2016, 11:48:35 pm »
Tea bottle...? No, atleast what i know about tea is that you don't bottle it...ever heard of tea kettles?

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 31, 2016, 12:29:48 am »
Tea bottle...? No, atleast what i know about tea is that you don't bottle it...ever heard of tea kettles?

I believe they only meant a convenient, portable container in which to hold your tea so it won't spill all over you if you, say, carry it 'home' with you after making it. Some people have to take a pterosaur ride, ride their mount, or even just run places, and will sometimes want to carry tea with them. And tea kettles are a bit large to be carrying around. ;D

Tea bottles, anyways. I approve. :thumbup:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:33:31 am by Tidebringer »
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 31, 2016, 02:15:41 am »

I believe they only meant a convenient, portable container in which to hold your tea so it won't spill all over you if you, say, carry it 'home' with you after making it. Some people have to take a pterosaur ride, ride their mount, or even just run places, and will sometimes want to carry tea with them. And tea kettles are a bit large to be carrying around. ;D

Tea bottles, anyways. I approve. :thumbup:

You know, you shouldn't drag tea around like that, you drink it soon after brewing it.