Author Topic: I can not compiling, for Linux. about cal3d.  (Read 3278 times)

player

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I can not compiling, for Linux. about cal3d.
« on: December 15, 2006, 04:11:40 am »
about http://planeshift.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/planeshift/planeshift/docs/compiling.html
for Linux , gcc.

I use Fedora Core 6.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[root@player ~]# cd /home/user/development/
[root@player development]# svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/cal3d/trunk cal3d
[root@player cal3d]#cal3d/cal3d
[root@player cal3d]# autoreconf --install --force
aclocal:configure.in:62: warning: macro `AM_USE_UNITTESTCPP' not found in library
aclocal:configure.in:62: warning: macro `AM_USE_UNITTESTCPP' not found in library
configure.in:62: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_USE_UNITTESTCPP
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what is "AM_USE_UNITTESTCPP" ?

Bereror

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Planeshift API
Re: I can not compiling, for Linux. about cal3d.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 04:35:48 am »
The compiling guide seems to be wrong and you got the latest HEAD version of CAL3D. In your /home/user/development/cal3d directory, run the following command:
Code: [Select]
# svn update -r 407

Then cd to cal3d directory and run the autoreconf --install --force command again.

PS: I haven't tested the 407 revision myself, just found it in the topic of the #planeshift-build channel. I usually download the latest stable version from the CAL3D home page: CAL3D-0.11.0 sources.

EDIT:

I took a look at the compiling guide and it needs more updates before it can be used on Linux. In the mean time you can try my own build guide here. It is for Gentoo, but should work on Fedora as well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 05:00:10 am by Bereror »
PlaneShift Sources
PlaneShift API
"Words never spoken
Are the strongest resounding"

Wired_Crawler

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I can not compiling, for Linux. about cal3d.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 01:55:19 pm »
I use HEAD revision of cal3d and it seems to work quite well, of course I can't be sure that it is stable enough...
To avoid troubles with unittest++ dependency I commented out one line containing "AM_USE_UNITTESTCPP" in configure.in. After all, only developers need it...
"Close the world, txEn eht nepO."