Author Topic: 3D studio max plugin problem  (Read 2201 times)

Janther

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
3D studio max plugin problem
« on: July 23, 2008, 10:01:50 am »
Hello i have a question:

you see im creating a small game using Crystal Space and 3d Studio Max. Here i use the plugin provided by PlaneShift to export from 3DSMax to Crystal Space.

The thing is that in the exort guide you provided says that only a thingMesh can have more than 1 texture and they explain me in the Crystal Space forums (http://www.crystalspace3d.org/forum/index.php/topic,1676.0.html) that a genMesh would be much faster (this being the problem that i have), and that the pluging should be already updated to export more than 1 texture in a genMesh.

could you give me an explanation on how to do this because i get this error when i try.

Code: [Select]
UV should not be welded on vertex 9.0
and it shows me no problem when i export it as a thingMesh Factory

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: 3D studio max plugin problem
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:39:59 am »
the ps community does not support the plugin for 3d max, you will very lucky if anyone posts advice here. I am not even sure the plugin has been updated in ages.

Janther

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 11:13:01 am »
funy thing even the exporter guide that comes with the plugin has a link to the Plane Shift Url, well the level exporter im using is the Version 48, if anyone of you uses a newer one i would thank you very much.

Xordan

• Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 12:06:05 pm »
the ps community does not support the plugin for 3d max, you will very lucky if anyone posts advice here. I am not even sure the plugin has been updated in ages.

Umm, Talad actively works on it.

As for your problem.. one of the exporters does genmesh and the other does thingmesh. So make sure you're using the right one!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 12:13:12 pm by Xordan »

TheOneWhoWatches

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 08:02:05 am »
Greetings!
After seeing Janther's topic on CrystalSpace forums where jorrit answered that Planeshift exporter is being updated (I was suprised to say the least) I found these forums and registered here... ;D

But actually I have a question: where can I find one(s) who are working on exporter from 3ds max? I have some questions, corrections/suggestions (on version .48 at least) and I'd like to speak about it...

peeg

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 08:06:12 am »
Talad can pretty often be found on IRC (freenode, #planeshift), but he's a busy person. Guess you'll just have to be patient if he's not answering instantly :)
[ PSde ] - Join the german community!
Peeg Chaoswind - Mentor in The Rangers Of Yliakum

TheOneWhoWatches

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 08:12:38 am »
Oh, thanks!  :)