Author Topic: In Need of Composers?  (Read 4878 times)

havok20x

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
In Need of Composers?
« on: December 05, 2008, 11:59:05 am »
Hello,

I was wondering if you guys were in need of composers?  I have been studying composition for a while and I have all the resources necessary to write, but the computer that I have all the video game music that I wrote died a while back, so I only have classical sounding/ contemporary sounding stuff on my new computer.  If you need composers, I will gladly put together a new portfolio for you guys, but if not, that is fine.  Let me know ASAP at havok20x(at)gmail.com.  THANKS!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 02:11:00 am by Xordan »

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
Re: In Need of Compsers?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 12:02:09 pm »

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 12:10:19 pm »
We'd love to have a composer, no new music was made in ages! :D
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

havok20x

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 12:14:59 pm »
Sounds Great.  I will have a portfolio put together in about 2 weeks.  I will put an array of stuff in there.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 12:39:55 pm »
I want you to get onto the #planeshift channel on Freenode and speak to XilliX please.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:29:32 pm »
I want you to get onto the #planeshift channel on Freenode and speak to XilliX please.

Not Acraig?  Xillix is settings.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 01:48:38 pm »

Not Acraig?  Xillix is settings.
No of course not, I don't see acraig on IRC.  I've always sent people like him to XilliX; that way he gets to talking to people and things get done faster.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 02:00:28 pm »
Xillix is the resident prospect manager.
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Raekh

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 02:43:52 pm »
Maybe you want to cipher your mail adress, by say "(at)" or so?  :-X

havok20x

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 03:14:41 pm »

What do you mean by this?  What is the #planeshift channel?  What is Freenode and who is XilliX?

Aiwendil

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 03:17:21 pm »

havok20x

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 09:48:05 am »
Hey Guys,

I have already began composing a portfolio of original music for you guys to look at; however, I can go two directions with this.  I can stick completely with the medieval theme and use period-sounding ensembles (which tend to be thin, lacking any sort of intense emotional quality) or I can fully orchestrate (strings, brass, winds, percussion, choir, etc) all my music, using moments of chamber sounding music (where appropriate), coupled with full orchestra/choir (not all the time, but also where appropriate).  Or I could do something completely different.  Let me know!

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 11:03:01 am »
Hey Guys,

I have already began composing a portfolio of original music for you guys to look at; however, I can go two directions with this.  I can stick completely with the medieval theme and use period-sounding ensembles (which tend to be thin, lacking any sort of intense emotional quality) or I can fully orchestrate (strings, brass, winds, percussion, choir, etc) all my music, using moments of chamber sounding music (where appropriate), coupled with full orchestra/choir (not all the time, but also where appropriate).  Or I could do something completely different.  Let me know!

I actually talked with Talad about this once, because the team was asking for "period" sounding music appropriate to the middle ages, but the majority of music in the game was in no way period-sounding.  Talad said that the music the game currently had was fine.

I think this means that the devs aren't really picky when it comes to the music, so long as it's good music and nothing sticks out too much.  There's even music in the game that is neither medieval nor orchestral, and has more in common with soundscaping.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Anumesa

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 11:03:52 am »
I am not on the team, so i can't speak for them...but coming from a musical background i definitely think it would be very cool to have both. Perhaps the more medieval period ensembles for local places such as Kada-Els and other taverns and then the full-orchestra arrangements for the wilds  :)

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 11:13:05 am »
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html

I am the head of human resources, if anyone is curious how to join contact me.

You can pm me here, apply via nexus, or get on Internet Relay Chat I.R.C. Server:Freenode.net Channel: #planeshift.

I would not say we aren't picky as regards music as much as that we welcome stylistic diversity.

Talad has rejected a lot of attempts.