Author Topic: In Need of Composers?  (Read 4879 times)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: In Need of Compsers?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 12:52:20 pm »
Cool.  So T.A.V. spend their time on code instead?
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

havok20x

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 02:29:33 pm »
I'll get this stuff to you guys ASAP
I am not on the team, so i can't speak for them...but coming from a musical background i definitely think it would be very cool to have both. Perhaps the more medieval period ensembles for local places such as Kada-Els and other taverns and then the full-orchestra arrangements for the wilds  :)

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

havok20x

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 06:04:23 pm »
oh!  Man, oh, man!  Can this stuff be really epic sounding?  Think Gustav Holst (The Planets) meets James Newton Howard.

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 12:26:46 pm »
That would probably depend on when it will be played. In many cases it is background music, and it should stay background for most of the time. Some areas that you only visit for a shorter time and just run through more epic music might work.

Anumesa

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 12:45:03 pm »
oh!  Man, oh, man!  Can this stuff be really epic sounding?  Think Gustav Holst (The Planets) meets James Newton Howard.

OOOOOH or some Mahler influences...i really really REALLY love Mahler.  :love:

havok20x

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 12:28:34 am »
I also love Mahler, but everyone where I live think he's horrible.  Symphony 7....wow...man.  My favorite composer, though, is Brahms.  His stuff is just brilliant.

Anumesa

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 08:54:05 am »
Brahms \o/ I really dont own as much of his stuff as i should, though i would kill to see any of it performed live. I am admittedly a sucker for Mahler 2 (I think its the big ending that gets me), and his 8th is just haunting in the second half, i think its the "Waldung Sie Schwankt Heran"..he is definitely my favorite composer of the moment  \\o//

Anyways, i hope your stuff gets ingame, it sounds like it would be really cool :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:06:59 am by Anumesa »

havok20x

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 04:39:46 pm »
LoL, well, we will see...lol...

weeman182

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 10:16:38 pm »
GUSTAV HOLST FOR THE WIN! GOTTA LOVE MARS

Anumesa

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 10:39:30 pm »

Ew mars? Its all about Jupiter, man!!

:woot:

catarina

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 12:34:26 am »
I actually talked with Talad about this once, because the team was asking for "period" sounding music appropriate to the middle ages, but the majority of music in the game was in no way period-sounding.  Talad said that the music the game currently had was fine.

That makes me giggle, because at the log-in screen, I'm reminded of Harry Potter, and while in Kada-El, I am reminded of Robin Hood and Maid Marian :) I have no real comment about the in-game music, considering that I usually spin my own [techno] tracks while in-game, but for many, they may probably enjoy hearing more period-type background music. I am curious to see what would change, musically.....

~rina

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 01:31:48 am »
Gotta say, in my humble opinion, I think Bartók-esque stuff would be great for the temples and odd places but Satie would be the way to go for the average journey stuff.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

weeman182

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 12:23:48 am »

Ew mars? Its all about Jupiter, man!!

:woot:
I play alot of RA3 "hell march comes to mind" should explain alot x

Arberar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 07:58:00 pm »
Ow well, I applied!

I hope someone checks it as soon as possible! :)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 08:36:01 pm »
Gotta say, in my humble opinion, I think Bartók-esque stuff would be great for the temples and odd places but Satie would be the way to go for the average journey stuff.
Stravinsky for the battle music!  Schoenberg for the death realm!  Zappa for the character generator!
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.