Author Topic: Get latest Stable Source  (Read 491 times)

Thaodan

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Get latest Stable Source
« on: November 20, 2012, 02:49:05 pm »
I'm planing to build a (client) package for the offical servers, but how get the client that fits to the offical servers?

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Get latest Stable Source
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 07:35:52 pm »
iirc #planeshift-build on freenode.net would be the best first hop.

but there is some direction including build guides here: http://planeshift.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/planeshift/trunk/docs/compiling.html
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Thaodan

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 04:17:32 pm »
but there is some direction including build guides here: http://planeshift.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/planeshift/trunk/docs/compiling.html
I lookedat that but there's nothing about getting the version that fits to the offical servers.

Lusserall

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Wanderers
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 06:50:14 pm »
crystalspace trunk head and planeshift trunk head work most of the time with official server using the art from released client.

Thaodan

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 07:04:51 pm »
Ok, but for building packages a stable version that is released in specific times woud be much better, even when the package will be moved too the community reposity a vcs version woud be worse.

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 04:47:36 am »
In the past it was announced in #planeshift-build which SVN release corresponds to the current stable client. No idea if that is still the case. And usually you really don't want to just use that release anyway. Simple errors are often fixed withing some weeks in the sources but it can take months until a new release of PS is made public. No real point in building your own client if you don't take advantage of the bugfixes. For packages I think I would try to version them by SVN versions and throw out packages a lot more often then official PS clients.