Author Topic: The "I Am PlaneShift" Awards 2012  (Read 1723 times)

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
The "I Am PlaneShift" Awards 2012
« on: December 06, 2012, 03:03:36 pm »
The 2012 "I Am PlaneShift" Awards
Hosted by yours, truly...

Hello again, friends and roleplayers! Those of you lurkers may remember a time when the PS community awards were around. However, those have long been past, and I think Garris was the last person to run one. I think it's time to just recognize a few of the people who still play, and the forumers and players who make this game what it was.

A few rules: In each category, feel free to nominate 1-2 people, no more. Nominations will be done via PM or thread, whichever you feel most comfortable with. Simply copy and paste the blank form with the necessary names put in.

-Categories will not be as vast this year as in previous years. No need to string things out.

-Voting will be done in a separate thread after nominations have been announced.

-3 nominations is required to make the voting thread for any category.

-In the event of a tie, both players will be rewarded with the love and adulation of this community.

-This isn't a "bigger" competition, it's a "let's applaud people" competition. Don't take it personally if you don't get what you want.

--Judges: during nominations, also include who you wish to be named as three judges. Myself and two others will ensure the process is completed fairly and without biase, such as multiple votes or alts. There will also be three awards chosen by the judges. Choose wisely, PS.

-Alts may be chosen for singular awards. "Mains" are preferred, and we will try to make the awards broad enough that  alts can't simply be created or have been created for an award to be won, etc.

Without further ado, here are your categories. Please PM your nominations or post them, or your questions, in this thread.

Vote for Your Judges:
1.) Cairn
2.)
3.)

IN-GAME Awards:

2012's Best Roleplayer:
(Who you think has invested the most time and effort into this community, created a sense of realism, and gotten in-depth with their character/s more than anyone else. There can be biase here, so think long and hard before either outcrying against nominations or throwing your vote willy-nilly).

2012's Hero:
(The in-game character who has gone out of their way to make sure Hydlaa and Yliakum has stayed safe this year. Could be a martyr, misunderstood hero, or even someone who's just thwarted a potential catastrophe. Your votes decide.)

2012's Villain:
(That one character who just eats you up. Literally? Figuratively? We're looking for a well-rounded character who has several facets instead of just inherent 'evil'. Badness, misunderstood-ness, maybe desperation - the character who you just enjoyed being bad.)

2012's Contributor:
(That character who wasn't necessarily evil or a hero, but just contributed to the overall feeling of reality in this game. Someone who poured their heart out into an average Joe and made things all that much better for everyone else in this game. Think long and hard on this one, as it is what we all should aspire to be.)

Imagination's Scribe:
(Who created that plot you just couldn't tear your character away from? Who got you so involved that you leaped in your chair, or stayed awake thinking about what was going to happen next? OR, even just the person who's character drew you in in ways others couldn't, or went out of their way to make things happen to yours.)

Two-Face:
(The character who's 'reveal' shocked you most in some manner. Perhaps it was your bread-making housewife who murdered her husband in jealousy over an affair! WHO KNOWS?!?!)

Moribund:
(Sometimes, static is good. Things don't change much, and maybe this character didn't either.)

Punching Bag:
(Took their licks. Maybe didn't give em, but hey, a drink will solve the pain...everywhere...)

Yliakum's Stupidest:
(Don't take it to heart, ladies or fellas, but your character was dumber (IQ or actions-wise) than a dead clacker.)

Forumer Awards:

Most Informative:

Biggest Poster:

Funniest Poster:

Snark Attack!

Most Loved Poster:

Most Hated Poster:

Most Respected Poster:

VOTING CLOSES: Dec. 25th for Nominations, End of January 2013 for voting. Awards will be announced ASAP after that.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:08:36 pm by Cairn »
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The "I Am PlaneShift" Awards 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 04:52:55 pm »
when does voting close?
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 05:07:32 pm »
Yeah, when?
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 05:08:48 pm »
Edited into the first post very end. Good q.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 08:00:12 pm »
Vote for Your Judges:

1.) Cairn
2.) Caraick   
3.) Candy
                 (All C's ... coincidence or conspiracy!? )

IN-GAME Awards:

2012's Best Roleplayer:
(Who you think has invested the most time and effort into this community, created a sense of realism, and gotten in-depth with their character/s more than anyone else. There can be biase here, so think long and hard before either outcrying against nominations or throwing your vote willy-nilly).

Mariana

2012's Hero:
(The in-game character who has gone out of their way to make sure Hydlaa and Yliakum has stayed safe this year. Could be a martyr, misunderstood hero, or even someone who's just thwarted a potential catastrophe. Your votes decide.)

Kaerli \o/

2012's Villain:
(That one character who just eats you up. Literally? Figuratively? We're looking for a well-rounded character who has several facets instead of just inherent 'evil'. Badness, misunderstood-ness, maybe desperation - the character who you just enjoyed being bad.)

Travosh 

2012's Contributor:
(That character who wasn't necessarily evil or a hero, but just contributed to the overall feeling of reality in this game. Someone who poured their heart out into an average Joe and made things all that much better for everyone else in this game. Think long and hard on this one, as it is what we all should aspire to be.)

Stellan Aristo

Imagination's Scribe:
(Who created that plot you just couldn't tear your character away from? Who got you so involved that you leaped in your chair, or stayed awake thinking about what was going to happen next? OR, even just the person who's character drew you in in ways others couldn't, or went out of their way to make things happen to yours.)

Mogweh

Two-Face:
(The character who's 'reveal' shocked you most in some manner. Perhaps it was your bread-making housewife who murdered her husband in jealousy over an affair! WHO KNOWS?!?!)

Shangshi

Moribund:
(Sometimes, static is good. Things don't change much, and maybe this character didn't either.)

Illysia  xD

Punching Bag:
(Took their licks. Maybe didn't give em, but hey, a drink will solve the pain...everywhere...)

Garosan Ringe  

Yliakum's Stupidest:
(Don't take it to heart, ladies or fellas, but your character was dumber (IQ or actions-wise) than a dead clacker.)

Monala     *sniff sniff* Is that cigarette smoke? ;D

Forumer Awards:

Most Informative:

Venalan 

Biggest Poster:

Aiwendil  *cough* semi-anual complaint anyone? *cough*    :)

Funniest Poster:

Boven \o/

Snark Attack!

Lhaa       While he may be banned, I'm willing to bet he's still with us. xD

Most Loved Poster:

Oronec \o/

Most Hated Poster:

OTR!

Most Respected Poster:

LigH

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 09:51:35 pm »
D'aww  :love:

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 11:22:52 pm »
 ;D Why thank you for the nod. However, most people now probably would not have a good point of reference for Illy the character. But to be fair, she was static before and after death but death did at least produce a different kind of status quo for her. :D

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 05:54:41 am »
*laughs*
Leave me out of this Rig...my long posts were way before the majority of the current players even started.

And I am kind of sure that Lhaa isn't really around anymore :/

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 06:51:17 am »
i'm sure it being the '2012' awards means yer supposed to vote for players and forumers active within the past year.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 06:55:18 am »
*giggles*
Well...everyone Rigwyn mentioned was active in the last year...I still blame Illy for that.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 07:50:35 am »
2012's Best:
Mariana, obv. Or at least the 1.2 bajillion alts by their powers combined.  ;D

2012's Hero:
Teshia Little might some of you know, but if not for her timely arrival to put someone back on their feet, a big ole bottle of The Burning (oja's plague) woulda gotten dropped in Hydlaa.

2012's Villain:
Barsidious. If you haven't read Mari's The Seeking of the Butcher you should leave the forums. (Honorable mention has to go to Ditem, although he was in 2011 I'd bet a good lot of you had an encounter before the haters got him down =C )

Contributor:
Dannae You and your shenanigans.

Punching Bag:
Zalya. I mean, can there be any other?

Yliakum's Stupidest:
Can I still vote for Icerra even though she kinda petered out?

Moribund:
Sacho. How many times are you gonna get a burning spear through your spine before you stop drugging people?  :P

Two-Face:
Shangshi Srsly guy, when I don't on some level see something coming, you're doing something right. (Or in your case...  :devil:)

Most Loved Poster:
OTR
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:31:09 pm by Phantomboy86 »

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 10:25:56 am »
Indeed it may, Bonifarzia, as those are previous awards.  ;)

Keep the noms coming!

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 11:16:55 am »
Vote for Your Judges:
1.) Cairn
2.) Illysia
3.) Teshia

IN-GAME Awards:

2012's Best Roleplayer: Mariana

2012's Hero: Evirea

2012's Villain: Wulfar&Aedrich

2012's Contributor: Fuusan

Imagination's Scribe: Izarek

Two-Face: Teshia

Moribund: Zandral

Punching Bag: Evirea

Yliakum's Stupidest: Monala

Forumer Awards:

Most Informative: Aiwendil

Biggest Poster: LigH

Funniest Poster: Vakahchek

Snark Attack! Phantomboy

Most Loved Poster: Karyuu? :(

Most Hated Poster: Talad :D

Most Respected Poster: Eonwind

P.S.
I may now just be back, but don't think I haven't been lurking  :thumbup:
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 11:37:51 am »
Judges:
1. Timil Deeps
2. Teshia Daleth
3. Taya (...something. <.<)

2012's Best Roleplayer:

Rigwyn or Cairn Both wonderful gentlemen to work with. A creative pleasure ICly and lovely to chat with OOC. Hats off to you both.

2012's Hero:

Chays (The big ol teddy bear)
Sacho Healer always wanting to help anyone in need of it.

2012's Villain:

Travosh (and his troupe of fascinating 'villains.') I gotta have a comment here, I admire this guy mainly for the facets of his "baddies," not simply for the villainy they might bring to the table.
Sekto I love this type of villain. Scheming, conniving, cold but still maybe a little conflicted. Props to this guy.

2012's Contributor:

Teshia Fiercely loyal and not always right, a character that I've always found fascinating for all her little IC flaws and boughts of deviousness that make her all the more realistic.

Taya Couldn't decide between these two. On her troupe of interesting alts, she's stirred up a lot of engaging RP.

Imagination's Scribe:

Aramara Even though she doesn't play as much anymore, when she did, one didn't get much more genuinely creative and interesting than this.

Two-Face:

Fuusan Who knew the snarkros would turn into a snuggleros?
Thidin Personality wise this one always seemed to be dynamic. Fun to interact with.

Moribund:

Sacho That stubborn fellow that just won't quit trying to heal the world, gotta love his gusto.
Zandral Interacted fairly infrequently, but the character certainly seemed consistant!
Punching Bag:

Zalya Always willing to get hurt. Heck, willing to volunteer. Excitedly. Always makes me laugh.  :love:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:30:05 pm by Mariana Xiechai »