Author Topic: Welcome to MyPlane !!  (Read 10080 times)

Edicho

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to MyPlane !!
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2011, 04:18:32 pm »
Hi, I asked Tux to contact you, and to my knowledge you declined! :) If you want to help it's definitely possible !

not really, I've agreed to cooperate with Tux since the first mail. as far as our jobs allow us, we move on further. We're in the middle of moving things to his machine now.

SAristo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2012, 04:04:09 am »
Perhaps if a few of Novacadian's ideas on the Plot Creation Project could be combined with MyPlane, such as the ability to contact other players via the site for the purposes of a planned or long-term Role-Play... 

Hi MyPlane devs, the above has come up again in a current Wish List discussion on tools for greater RP utilization:

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=40723.msg457093#msg457093

It's been suggested that MyPlane could be expanded to facilitate this. What are your thoughts on including a searchable database for input on current RP involvement of individual chars? The input would be brief notes only and could be flagged by type (e.g. romance, kidnap, etc) for players to search. More details in the thread above - appreciate if you could add to it and/or send me a PM. Thanks.

Karzela~

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2012, 06:38:57 pm »
For new arrivals to PS searching the forum, this is the current link to MyPlane: http://planeshift.subhosting.net/myplane/

Thedrish

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2012, 06:58:32 am »
It seems that the information presented on myplane isn't regularly updated  ;)
Thedrish Urthadar
Knights Commander of The Lost Knights

Thedrish

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2012, 06:54:04 am »
Are there plans to update the results displayed on MyPlane regularly  ;)
Thedrish Urthadar

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2012, 07:36:18 am »
What kind of updates do you expect or miss?

There are a few "achievements" you can get by passing thresholds (e.g. playing more than # hours; visiting all secret spots in all towns; ...), and the details about your character you want to publish are in sync with your character in game.

There is only one issue known to me with a missing achievement, derula's "Ring of the Past" (for playing already during the Molecular Blue era).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Thedrish

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2012, 01:52:35 pm »
Somethings haven't changed since I picked up playing PS again some months ago. Like the number of quests, although not sure if I passed the next threshold (can't see the exact number right now). Or the fact that I visited all cities (according to MyPlane I didn't), perhaps I had to do something in order to make it count. Perhaps it is all valid, but somehow I expected something else now  :devil:
Thedrish Urthadar

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2012, 06:38:27 pm »
Well, it is not just about visiting all cities: In every city there is one specific spot you have to visit. You will get a message and some PPs, so you will know when you found it. Once you visited all four spots, the achievement should appear.

Gonger

Thedrish

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 08:35:46 am »
Thanks for the feedback.
It seems I had to pass some thresholds in order to get more actual results  ;D
Thedrish Urthadar

Mokek

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2013, 05:03:56 am »
There is only one issue known to me with a missing achievement, derula's "Ring of the Past" (for playing already during the Molecular Blue era).

Would this achievement be unlocked for everyone owning one or would it be characterized by the date the character was created? I ask this question because I own an account with a character who had a ring of the past. But after years I wanted to play again, but I didn't remember my password, so I created a new account. After several months I found the password again, but I continued playing with my new account, so I just transferred my ring of the past from my old to my new account. Would my more recent character owning the ring receive this achievement?

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2013, 08:57:56 am »
MyPlane reads the data directly from the game database, so there is no need for us to "update" it manually.

About the ring of the past, it will not be an achievement. We use char creation date to determine the releases played.

If you find any inconsistency with the data, let us know, there may be bugs!

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2013, 06:33:05 pm »
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:34:46 pm by Venalan »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2013, 05:28:20 am »
Only the login page works, the rest is "404 Not Found".

BTW, this would be another case where a DNS solution, as weltall keeps explaining, would save a lot of manual URL fixing by users: Each time the game server changes its IP, links to MyPlane or the update servers or the game server have to be changed to the new IP or specific host name, instead of registering a stable DNS name which resolution gets adapted to each current server.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2013, 08:07:21 am »
  I get same 404 message as LigH ....
my name is Sanrai ;)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2013, 08:39:49 am »
When I told Talad about it in IRC, right after posting, he replied immediately he knew why ...  :sleeping:

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador