Author Topic: kind of 'Welcome back' program for players that are behind  (Read 403 times)

Edicho

• Traveller
    • View Profile
kind of 'Welcome back' program for players that are behind
« on: July 13, 2011, 08:49:28 am »
Well, just to be sure. We're not talking about 'first someone hacks our server, then we close planeshift for a month or so and when we're up, we let you pick a free minigame' :P
------
Because at first, gaining levels and cash was way easier than now, newbies might not keep up, but that's not the point.
What I would like to see is:

1. When your player is weaker than (lets say 3/4, but pick your own point) of the players, you gain a bonus. until you reach that level, you get more experience than you would usually do.
2. When you are not logging into the game for X amount of time (let's say 2 weeks). you gain a temporary bonus of some sort too. If you were training alchemy last time, you gain some more alchemy stuff, if you were training sword you get a good sword. This is to help people get back on track with their characters' skills.

The overall point would be:
1. get players back as soon as possible
2. help people keep up with their characters growth in case they thought it's too hard and left the game 'for now'.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: kind of 'Welcome back' program for players that are behind
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:09:06 pm »
this doesn't sound like a good idea. it would just cause more problems. i think the devs should focus on fixing what they already have, such as making training easier. seriously, you have to lock yourself in a room for 5+ hours every day for months and grind like a machine before you can max enough skills to be a competent fighter.

Edicho

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: kind of 'Welcome back' program for players that are behind
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 05:26:15 pm »
hm maybe you're right, fixing the bad things now would be a great thing too. and yeah, i agree, it's too difficult as it is now, i just visit the game to see what has been updated cause don't have enought time for making my char better. and there's too small amount of people to really roleplay without events.