Author Topic: Re: [RP] WRAITHBANE  (Read 872 times)

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] WRAITHBANE
« on: February 18, 2008, 05:09:21 pm »
How do the characters know about Blackflame? Nobody knows about blackflame.
Blackflame is only known to those it reveals itself to, and no Blackflame follower shall ever speak his name.
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 05:38:53 pm »
Yeah... Speaking as somebody with a decent amount of knowledge on the topic.  There is no way a BlackFlame follower would mention the BlackFlame in public... or even in private.

And no way that a player would know the BF and not be a follower or dead.
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 05:51:54 pm »
I just read through it and saw nothing mentioned of BlackFlame. I was also -in- the RP, and I don't remember it mentioned. What are you two talking about? =/

Kieve

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Creative Hack
    • View Profile
    • KRS MediaWorks
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 06:37:09 pm »
They're referring to the intro - which didn't technically happen in-game. :P

Pardon me if I come across as a bit defensive, but if NOBODY knows ANYTHING about it, then what's the point of even having the blasted 'religion' at all?

At any rate, your points have been made and for future reference I will keep it in mind. But that being the case, what name WOULD a guard or other official (in the capacity of enforcing said outlaw/death-sentence on BF'ers) know them as? I'm trying to bend Settings a bit, not break it entirely, but the whole mess is like trying to figure out where a Mobius strip starts.

Waylander - is this 'fair amount of knowledge' available to the rest of us? Or would that fall under the NDA of 'things yet to be released to the public'?*

*Disclaimer: No antagonistic tone present. All offenses or slights are purely imaginary.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 06:41:03 pm »
Oh, I thought they meant the Wraithbane story...heh.

(Yay, Kieve's back! \o/)

Waylander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 08:14:40 pm »
NDA, though I'm sure there is a bit of info around pertaining to the secrecy of the BF.

[adds Kieve's disclaimer :P ]
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 01:16:49 pm »
Pardon me if I come across as a bit defensive, but if NOBODY knows ANYTHING about it, then what's the point of even having the blasted 'religion' at all?

Waylander - is this 'fair amount of knowledge' available to the rest of us? Or would that fall under the NDA of 'things yet to be released to the public'?*
Black Flame is in the strong hands of Settings. Since nobody knows Black Flame you can *only* know about it in-game when Settings decides to RP that Black Flame reveals itself to you. And that's not going to happen (to anyone) ;)

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 03:49:26 pm »
hhmm this all 'defensiveness' over the Black Flame seems a little over the top to me.  I know about the Black Flame, have even spoken about them in game... can't recall how I know about them, or who told me... but word is out...

What I will say is that - I don't know what they are, I don't know what they stand for, I also do think that they are to be avoided...  such is the Rumour of them.   

Sadly, the more secret a thing is, the more likely it is to be known out side the secrecy of its group - it is a law... an unwritten law, like Murphys law *AKA Sod's law.
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 04:01:05 pm »
[Take it retroactively then. Characters are not supposed to know more about the black flame than npcs know or are willing to tell (and that includes the name "Black Flame" as well). If previous RP gave you knowledge of it, ignore it. As settings develops, there can be plot changes and players are expected to go along with them the same way as when other aspects of the game are tweaked.

If you don't, we will wipe you. Muahahaha. :devil:

No, seriously now. The settings team has put a lot of work into developing this religion. Be patient and not only will you enjoy the fruit of their work much more but you won't have to correct potential flaws in your RP later as new content is released.]

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 05:44:05 pm »
Amen, Dajoji.

Kieve

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Creative Hack
    • View Profile
    • KRS MediaWorks
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 10:46:30 pm »
Hm... seems my last bit was glossed over so I'll repeat:
"The intro did not actually happen in-game."
It was written to set the stage for the events to come, and in that regard no 'characters' have knowledge of BF.

...may we please focus on the story now? :(

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 01:34:44 am »
Dakkru followers are told to destroy the plague that is Blackflame.

"...charged with helping combat the influences of the Blackflame." -character creation. More Settings material will come eventually.

It is out in the open. People do know the name of Blackflame, even if they do not know its members and purpose. Some may even think it is a myth.

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 04:48:40 am »
Phew, thanks Moon .. I was worried that Grayne had to stop searching for something he couldn't know about for a moment there. :P
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 07:01:33 am »
Based on what UtM just said, it's perfectly reasonable that the name was used in the first post. It's been my belief that the sewer fanatics are all BlackFlame followers - wouldn't they know what they're worshiping? The first post was an introduction to what was about to happen, which took place in the sewers. A guard couldn't pop out of nowhere and arrest them for mentioning the name, and I wish people would stop acting like guards are -everywhere-, because they're not.

Waylander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 09:00:33 am »
The BlackFlame is more awesome than that.  You can be working for it without even knowing.

Moon does have a point, so those that play Dakkru followers would know, I suppose... They'd probably be looked up as crazy, though.

Keep in mind nobody knows the BlackFlame, nobody knows any of it's followers and nobody has heard of any of it's actions.  It's basically a myth, yes.  Hmm, personally, I'd just wait for Xil to pop in here and clear everything up :P
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy