Author Topic: Remember when?  (Read 5020 times)

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
Re: Remember when?
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 02:36:21 pm »
it's still there... commented...

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 03:35:05 pm »
Draklar would only speak in Old English
Forsooth, ye days yonder of which thou speakest held greate merit an' virtue!

-- Swords!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:40:34 pm by Draklar »
AKA Skald

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 04:17:22 pm »
Middle-english. :)
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2011, 04:48:05 pm »
"Early Modern English", actually.
AKA Skald

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 07:03:22 pm »
Whoa.  ::|
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2011, 10:31:15 pm »
remember when you had to buy stuff with crystals... on a website? and there was no fall damage or any kind of damage at all?

I never made it to the big leagues, but I was dual-wielding mugs for a while. Did they ever add Trokin (of Trokin's Shop o' Stuff) as an actual NPC?

Remember when we were constantly at risk of "Falling off the edge of the world" and dying?
Remember the packet routing bug which made messages get randomly sent to the wrong person?
Remember the flight bug?

Good times, good times...

See, a lot of people are posting "that was before my time" and I'm sat thinking "God that was after my time...".

Same here, drey. We'll always have #planeshift-fans!

I don't remember any of those things... but I do remember when only the Hydlaa Plaza existed, and all we did was run around picking up crystals all day. That was my favourite version of PS. :)

Hi Moogie. It was my favorite too. Can I remove your site from my servers yet? ;)

"Early Modern English", actually.

::|

Okay, my turn. Remember when you actually recognized most of the names in the nostalgia threads that showed up periodically? ;)

Also, did you know: back in Molecular Blue, removing someone from your buddy list when they weren't on it in the first place caused the server to spit out their character ID number. You could compare and see whose ID is lower to see who was the oldest oldbie!

I honestly can't remember how I found PS in the first place, but I've met some rather interesting people and I learned a little about a lot of things (3D modeling, UV mapping, basic C++, various web technologies, the intricacies of FreeNode's network services...). That's probably why I'm still around (sporadically) after seven and a half years.

May you continue shifting planes for seven and a half more!
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2011, 10:53:48 pm »
Yes jose, I tried letting you know 6+ months ago that you can delete it. :)

Hi Drey, Drakkie, Thom and everyone else! I love how we all seem to come out of the woodwork at the same time, haha. It's nice to see you guys still alive and kicking.

What are you working on these days, Thom? Congrats on achieving a game dev career!

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2012, 12:32:23 am »
Ah, well. I can't remember everything :) (I think I do recall that now, actually.)

I think everyone's just lurking on these forums because they've reached new levels of holiday boredom.
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2012, 05:59:56 am »
Hello Mogballs! o/
Also, did you know: back in Molecular Blue, removing someone from your buddy list when they weren't on it in the first place caused the server to spit out their character ID number. You could compare and see whose ID is lower to see who was the oldest oldbie!
Yep, if I recall correctly, Vengeance was the #1 :D
Anyway, seeing Khado's mug on facebook has given me this sudden urge to check how he and Sangwa fare in this fab-yuh-luhs place recently. They don't fare, apparently, but that's my story!

Now, here are my additions:
1. Remember when Moogie was a clueless newb? :D
2. Remember when Annah was running a more-than-one-person guild? (I sure don't!)
or more to the point
3. Remember when we had the Annual Community Awards?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:06:45 am by Draklar »
AKA Skald

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2012, 12:08:29 pm »
Anyway, seeing Khado's mug on facebook has given me this sudden urge to check how he and Sangwa fare in this fab-yuh-luhs place recently. They don't fare, apparently, but that's my story!

No... they don't, sadly. If you know where those two are hiding, drag their flayed velnishi hides back here!
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2012, 03:33:13 pm »
Aha, it's josephoenix, my evil alter ego! May you continue shifting as well! :D

Moogie: Working on an iPad game right now. It has a unique visual style so I hope it will be noticed. We're working on it with Dave Perry and with the founders of the company that created Killzone (the PS3 game). So hopefully it'll be a smash hit!

So, what have you been up to these past years?

Also, hey Zanzibar! Been too long ;)
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2012, 09:20:04 am »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2012, 09:36:23 pm »
Live long, and prosper.  ;D
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2012, 02:37:04 am »
So, what have you been up to these past years?

God only knows what I was doing before, but the last 3-4 years have been spent doing Flash animation over at Whirled.com. It helped me land a short-lived indie partnership with the guy who makes the Protector tower-defense games at Kongregate, where I did the monster sprites/animations for "Reclaiming the Throne".

I've improved massively since then, but sadly haven't found any new game dev opportunities yet. But I make a nice amount from the Whirled stuff, so I'm happy enough for now. :) I'm trying to break into fullblown 3D animation lately so that I can really broaden my opportunities. Chase the dream, never give up..!

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2012, 09:43:40 am »

I still remember my ID ... 103000.   :D

And isn't that what triggered the client to growl at you?
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.