Author Topic: Just a few pictures I drew when I was bored  (Read 13651 times)

Zazhia

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Just a few pictures I drew when I was bored
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2012, 12:18:15 pm »
I better revive my own art thread as well... ;)

I couldn't use a scanner like I did with the other pictures, so the quality of the photos is not the best. I hope you still like it anyway.

Originally I wanted to draw Zazhia, a Klamod fenki. For no reason actually, or maybe because marriage was already in discussion, I drew her in a wedding dress. A little shy looking like this, I am not too sure if it is still Zazhia. That is for her to decide.

Oele, my little ylian child. The clothes were designed by Cirerey. Not much to say. She pretty much looks like drawn on the picture. Never thought I would get this close.
Anyway. I hate skin color. I am not pleased with the one I ended with, but it could be worse I guess.

\\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o//

I love it! I am not sure about the face of her, but I looooooooooove the drawing :-D And Oele too! :-D

And, as some know, the wedding was cancelled/moved, so the cub is out. So Zazhia might look like that at the time the wedding will be. AND I love the dress. And the shy facial expression works, as she would be uncomfortable wearing a wedding dress.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:12:29 pm by Zazhia »

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2012, 07:09:58 am »
Blame Mariana. It is her fault I drew some Klyros heads :P

I am currently working on a Klyros (one of those reptil like people with wings in Planeshift), and did a sketch for a head to have a better idea on how I want to do it when I draw the smaller version. That was the top of both heads, the one I think is more female like. I added later the other one, cause I just wanted to see how a male head would turn out.

Of course I didn't do it completely without reference. For the female one, I looked up "Leguan" pictures on the internet and the male one "Tuatara".

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2012, 09:33:38 am »
Aww. Baby Klyros.  :love:

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2012, 10:32:40 am »
Well first of all, I love the shading. Cross hatching? Was that what you implemented? I also love their eyes, even if they don't follow the technical jargon on the race page:

"White and drop-like eyes enable them to see in the dark. "

I always thought it was a bit strange to have no pupil or iris or whatever. Granted, they are reptillian, and depending on what you look at...

(Gecko)
(Iguana)
(snake)

Shape varies, but obviously they still have those rather vital components, the contractile elements of the pupil that can pinpoint what you're looking at like a camera's lens, etc etc etc. I was never certain WHY they were given eyes without a pupil, after a bit of digging what specifically NOCTURNAL reptiles I could find (since it specifically mentions it's a component of seeing in the dark) still were not in possession of an eye minus a pupil. I even looked up the components of an angler fish's eye, just to see if perhaps what they were going for was more deep sea dwelling fish. But same result:

So I dunno!  ???

The ONLY thing I might add to the image would be that headfin. It's a very distinctive part of what makes a klyros, well, a klyros. "They have an oval head decorated with a multicolored crest starting from the forehead and ends at the base of the skull that make them look like a fish. "
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:45:52 am by Mariana Xiechai »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2012, 12:46:11 pm »
I like you being bored. :)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2012, 10:39:38 am »
Agreed. I like the picture of the Klyros, but for some reason there's some sort of emotion in the drawing of Oele that i like. well done.
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2012, 04:01:55 pm »
Agreed. I like the picture of the Klyros, but for some reason there's some sort of emotion in the drawing of Oele that i like. well done.

Well first of all, I love the shading. Cross hatching? Was that what you implemented? I also love their eyes, even if they don't follow the technical jargon on the race page:

I have just been scribbling the shading... I didn't even try to do it in any special way since it was meant to be a sketch to help later...

Aww. Baby Klyros.  :love:

They weren't intended to be baby Klyros though... guess they look like that after all :D

Alright... Mariana is at fault that I drew another pair of Klyros heads. I tried to give them more of a human shape. Well, exactly what she was trying to do.
For the upper picture, I used a turtle head as a general reference. Just made it more human-like in the lower one.

Oele  had been kidnapped and locked away. I changed the area a bit from the actual way it looks like in game, because it was too boring that way.
It is a corner in the sewers. A few mice keep her accompany and the candle she got in the beginning already burned to the ground.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2012, 04:34:37 pm »
Weell.....mice are nice? ;D

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2012, 01:02:55 am »
But rats are worse ... hmmm. A pity none of my chars knows about that, or a rescue mission would already being organized.

Furthermore, I'm confused again. Why a candle? I keep missing or misunderstanding at least half of her.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2012, 12:33:21 pm »
I think perhaps her captors gave her one?

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2012, 03:26:14 pm »
I think perhaps her captors gave her one?

That's the reason.

But rats are worse ... hmmm. A pity none of my chars knows about that, or a rescue mission would already being organized.

There is one organized. Or more than one.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2012, 04:32:16 pm »
And a separate mission to rescue the candle, as well!

Naira

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2012, 06:43:17 pm »
 \\o// awesome stuff Jilata , Im really digging those Klyros  :thumbup:

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2012, 12:05:32 pm »
Neither planeshift related, nor a drawing. I just finished the embroidery and wanted to show it ;)

It's a phoenix, so just add phoenixes to the game and it fits in here :P

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2012, 04:03:16 pm »
more than cool

what will you put it on?
all blessings to the assembled devotees.