Author Topic: New trainers!  (Read 10015 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
New trainers!
« on: January 17, 2011, 06:34:45 pm »
[news taken from main site]

Happy new Year! We have some news about balancing, and in particular about trainers. It was a long time we didn't do a real balancing pass on the trainers, their location and their max skills. The current situation was a mix of history and quests and probably too many local edits. In many cases the max rank of the skills were very uneven.

For this reason we decided to have a global pass to align the trainers to the new "heat" map we are using recently. The "heat" map is nothing more than a way to identify certain areas as low/medium/high rank, and to distribute the monsters/loot/trainers accordingly, so that new players can have easier life and seniors can find challenge in new unexplored areas. Obviously this is just a general guideline and there can be exceptions to the "heat" map based on local quests, a bit of randomness and to leave some surprise the players. With the trainers we followed the heat map as well, where all basic cities are considered "low rank", the terrain outdoor areas medium, and the bronzedoor region "high rank". We hope this will allow a more natural progression.

On the same line of thought we will have soon a quests update (related to factions) where we will try to minimize the long travels between hydlaa and bronzedoors in the starting quests, so players will reach more remote areas at the right pace, when their char is more prepared for adverturing in those dangerous places. This anyway doesn't prevent players to explore (except few places which are locked by quests, like the winch). In this pass we removed all the trainers for skills which are not usable in game, and made all stats trainable up to 400 and all skills to 200, like it was supposed to be from the beginning. The trainable skills are: all armors, all weapons, all stats, the magic Ways, shields usage, repairing armors and weapons, body development, and usable crafting (cooking, smiths, mining, fishing, ...) and empathy. We hope this is a small step toward a more balanced and enjoyable game.

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Hear ye, hear ye, free ale!
    • View Profile
Re: New trainers!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 06:52:41 pm »
 \\o// Thanks PS team!
Ardoin: So, do you drink moonshine?
Earowo: As long as it has alcohol, I'll drink it.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:25:26 pm »
 \\o// ditto! Thanks a lot PS team!
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Mekora

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 07:36:18 pm »
Very nice, I hope there will be new trainers and quests in Amdeneir and the new part of Oja. Thanks :)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 07:51:14 pm »
Thanks PS team, some progress!  \\o// :thumbup:

EDIT: Although I am coming to issues with this, it's a little over the top, 400 in every stat. That's 600kgs + 120kgs with seductions. I think Stats should stay at 200 or go to 300. It's great for merchants that they can now carry 600+120kgs but I think they should drop this idea, think about implementing carts to move things from one spot to storage easier, maybe implementing Seduction armor so that players if they want it they can still find it.

200 for every skill, I think it should only be 150.

This to me isn't balancing it's giving an OTT lazy solution for something that needs some good thinking.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:36:23 pm by Vakachehk »
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 09:09:01 pm »
Many new trainers in the new part of Oja didn't see and in Amd at this time.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 09:38:14 pm »
This is the best news I've heard in months, mabey now i'll finally be able to survive a hit from a dlayo :3

Wait a minute.....

My Maxed HA is only half way now >.<
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 09:39:42 pm »
Many new trainers in the new part of Oja didn't see and in Amd at this time.

;D I really didn't understand that. Is there or isn't there? you kinda started saying 'there was' then said 'you didn't see'. Maybe you forgot a comma  ;)
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 09:55:00 pm »
Many new trainers in the new part of Oja didn't see any* in Amd at this time.   :P

woo! new stuff!!

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 10:04:36 pm »
When updating the list of trainers on the GM website I didn't notice any trainers listed in Amd but say a number in the new section of Oja.

Chucki

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 11:22:39 pm »
Stats to 400? Interesting...

Personally I would have things at half the new system (Skills100,Stats200) but that's my personal opinion. Just seems that training a character to the level of pre-existing PVP "masters" will take longer.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 11:45:31 pm »
Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait… did you just say body development? And how are we supposed to train that? By lifting ulbernauts?

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 11:53:59 pm »
[18:39]   <Talad|ZzZ>   news on main site
[18:42]   <Lilu|study>   body development is trainable?
[18:43]   <Talad|ZzZ>   it is
[18:43]   <Talad|ZzZ>   not sure if practice works though :)
[18:43]   <Talad|ZzZ>   try push ups
[18:43]   <Lilu|study>   =P
[18:43]   <Lilu|study>   is /pushup the right command?

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 12:00:30 am »
Body development is not a skill you can practice at this time.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 12:39:30 am »
Damn, im going to have to PL again to be able to duel :/