Author Topic: New trainers!  (Read 10014 times)

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: New trainers!
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2011, 12:21:54 pm »

That's very good news for the balance of martial and arcane arts in both, PvP and PvM.

uzeb

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 06:20:07 am »
hello talad..a really simple question..
well, you said " The trainable skills are: all armors, all weapons, all stats, the magic Ways, shields usage, repairing armors and weapons, body development....."
how can i practice "body development" ???
thanks.
my only defect is modesty

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2011, 06:21:46 am »
You can't.
Even gods err sometimes.  ;)

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Masters of Move Guildsite
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 09:26:50 am »
A note about tournaments. I think those should be capped in skills, by having different tournaments for different ranks. The same way you don't have a lightweight boxer do a tournament with an heavy weight. Having tournaments with very uneven participants sounds pretty wrong to me. The cap should be set as the sum of physical and mental stats, and potentially a cap for a single stat not greater than x. People organizing the events can set the rule and make it clear for all participants. Every tournament need a judge to ensure the rule is respected (through divination items or spells).

1: there is no way to test if people are cheating, since nature intuition is disabled
2: try and fill those tournaments with participants

Perlan, organisor of many tournaments

(one will come soon again)

Heleckie: why is there always an apple involved
Heleckie: why not a mango

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2011, 06:36:46 pm »
Perlan thats false, you just have to be creative, If you set a tournyment up the way that saanx did a while back, she had a requirment of max STR and To bring nothing but your ticket, so she then gave every single person exactly 300 lbs in weight, if you were forced to sit, obviously you were disqualified, as you tried to cheat.

Be creative :P
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Masters of Move Guildsite
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2011, 01:48:06 pm »
Perlan thats false, you just have to be creative, If you set a tournyment up the way that saanx did a while back, she had a requirment of max STR and To bring nothing but your ticket, so she then gave every single person exactly 300 lbs in weight, if you were forced to sit, obviously you were disqualified, as you tried to cheat.

Be creative :P

Well, that is not gonna work this time, Earowo, since not all players will have the same STR..... (you're talking to an organisor of many tournaments)

Heleckie: why is there always an apple involved
Heleckie: why not a mango

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 07:17:47 pm »
Again, thatswhy you require a specific ammount of str
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2011, 05:36:15 am »
doesn't really work out as there are more stats then just strength, tho ;)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2011, 05:56:46 am »
Well in the Irka Festival, we don't care, it's just the best is the best, there's no junior, middle and senior tournaments, and having more classes means more tria for prize money, which the GMs have told me they cannot provide, nor can they even provide quest items (even if the quest is bugged) So it's a  :thumbdown: to Talad, you need to think about what you said a little bit more!
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2011, 07:40:36 am »
Well in the Irka Festival, we don't care, it's just the best is the best, there's no junior, middle and senior tournaments, and having more classes means more tria for prize money, which the GMs have told me they cannot provide, nor can they even provide quest items (even if the quest is bugged) So it's a  :thumbdown:

that's why there are usually entry fees that provide the money pool to actually award prizes in the end ::)
as for stats checking with classes: I doubt it'd be an issue to get a GM to check the stats and even if it is, I'm sure it'd be possible to find a suitable solution ;)