Author Topic: What's your Plane? MyPlane news.  (Read 3877 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
What's your Plane? MyPlane news.
« on: June 13, 2011, 08:15:54 am »
[news taken from main web site]

What's your URL on MyPlane? Ah, you don't know it? Then you missed something!

MyPlane is a nice addition to PlaneShift, a web portal where you can see your characters stats, skills, factions and more.

We just made it even more interesting by adding the achievements section! Here you can find what accomplishments your char has. Is he a master in any of the Ways? How many hours he lived in Yliakum? And you can see the same of your friend's characters.

So what's the plan? Go and collect all the achievements!

Help us to enhance MyPlane by giving your suggestions in this thread on the next achievements you would like to see!

All characters are visible to the owner only by default and you can enable visibility in the "settings" section of MyPlane.

MyPlane on RP server
MyPlane on non RP server
(use your in game login)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:21:24 am by Talad »

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
Re: What's your Plane? MyPlane news.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:36:02 am »
Jamona Shikon was in Molecular Blue release, but I didn't get the achievement. :(

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:27:02 pm »
Given this is more than just a game how about achievements for bug reports and feature requests that get fixed/implemented. I realize not every character is associated with bug tracker access but if an email account is used for both then such an achievement could be added to the character with the most time in game or a user specified character from the matching email account. Otherwise this whole thing is kind of pointless bragging.

For those who contribute to the in game atmosphere you could have GM reward achievements. That way we could all see how lopsided or balanced such things really are. My guess is that fairly few people actually get such rewards, albeit , spread out among several characters but I don't blame the GM team for a lack of trying. I guess it wouldn't really show much of anything anyway unless people opened their profiles but there could also be top lists created for the various achievement categories.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 02:05:46 am »
:thumbup: @ bilbous; the most valuable achievements for roleplayers are probably hardly measurable by statistics, but even more important for a roleplaying-supporting project.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 04:25:09 am »
valuable achievements for roleplayers are probably hardly measurable by statistics

Words of truth. Nevertheless, it seems a good start to me.
Some players may be surprised how much time they already spent in Yliakum.
One thing I wonder about are "achievements" for characters that were active back to the times of atomic and molecular blue releases... wasn't the DB wiped?

Back to statistics and RP... it would not be quite meaningful, yet it could be interesting to have some statistics how active a character was in the main tab. Okay, it sounds fairly ridiculous to measure activity in kB of text produced per time unit. But if you normalize that to the time logged in during a few days, it can indicate some tendency whether the player spends some of his or her time to RP, or if there is more focus on training, OoC chatting or being AFK most of the time.
Judging the quality of RP is an entirely different story, of course. And it is always a bit problematic to give out rare awards by GMs, imho. It would be more meaningful to give references to particular RP events, where the player character acted as a protagonist or organizer. Of course, the big problem with that is to judge which events are considered relevant and popular, and what kind of contributions from a single character are to be mentioned on myplane. But I don't think that would be any worse than a collection of PLer batches  ;)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 04:32:30 am »
As far as I remember, there was a DB migration, and those "veterans" received a "Ring of the Past" as early "achievement".

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 06:16:26 am »
As far as I remember, there was a DB migration, and those "veterans" received a "Ring of the Past" as early "achievement".

I know of someone who has 2 rings of thoseā€¦

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 08:39:58 am »
Jamona Shikon was in Molecular Blue release, but I didn't get the achievement. :(

Your char is not visible on myplane, but from the db I see you have the achievement.

bilbous

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 12:01:24 pm »
@ligh I was really talking about those rewards that GMs gave/give out for past participation in events. Certainly the more mundane aspects of roleplaying are less quantifiable. I was told yesterday in Gossip that I do not role play because my style is so understated that it can be confused with not playing a role. Sure I don't have a well developed predefined character and do not get involved with the soap opera du jour but I limit my main dialog to things my character might say and modify with brackets those that it clearly would not. Some people do not understand that me and my characters can talk about the very same things at the same time in different ways.

I certainly do not compartmentalize my game play as in now I am role playing and now I am power levelling. I am usually doing both at the same time.

albert I

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 01:22:30 pm »
i would be nice know the time past in the diferents parts, death realm, oja ... and how many time are dead

scotty110

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 07:30:13 am »
i was there for AB, MB and CB, but probably don't have the achievements cus i deleted that character when i started playing in Arcane Crysalis.
Main character on zeroping: Halbor

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 02:24:50 pm »

Your char is not visible on myplane, but from the db I see you have the achievement.

Made it visible. There's no MB achievement. If it's correctly set in the database, does that mean it's a MyPlane bug?

At least she still has her Ring of the Past :)

[Edit: btw, Jamona's description is no longer accurate. only made that visible to be able to show the missing achievement.]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:34:06 pm by derula »

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 05:27:36 pm »
I have an award for being in game for over 1000 hours XD Goonna get the next one up >.>
Anyways
Is there an accessible list, of all obtainable achievments? It would be nice to be able to set goals <.<
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 02:09:52 am »
People will now leave their chars idle in game while sleeping, to achieve online time awards... a funny way to raise the number of online chars.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 03:39:19 am »
1000 hours of gameplay... that's a lot :)

Maybe some achievements could be linked with GM events? That would create several things to achieve for the character (of greater or lesser importance) with small chances to obtain each of them. For ex I remember an event where some players helped a captive baby ulber escape from Thorian... or the Halloween event when everyone turned into some kind of animal. These are rare things that could be mentioned about a char :)