Author Topic: Crafting news!  (Read 2925 times)

bilbous

Re: Crafting news!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 07:55:48 pm »
Great! Thank you. Much better. 65 would have been optimal but I am not complaining. I'm not likely to have that many hides at one time. I just like to buy in bulk :)

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 08:30:26 pm »
Can you please add a stack of acids to Hirenn as well? Thanks!

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 08:42:39 pm »

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 01:41:47 am »
What pieces are needed to make caps? It's not in the book.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 07:09:20 am »
then you lack the skill to do it...

bilbous

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 08:58:19 am »
I notice that knife making and axe making are still listed in my job skills list, I expect at some point these will be removed as they were merged within blade making. I do wonder if there were quests specific to those skills which will need to be re-triggered. Level 15 seems to be a level which brings new quests for crafting and both those skills were below that threshold prior to the merging but my blade making is 22 and I haven't seen any such quests. I am not sure if they ever existed or if they exist and I just haven't seen them yet but I did just discover the shield making quest involving shield spikes, not that that is particularly relevant except that that particular NPC has no other new quests for me.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 11:12:38 am »
i see no quest based on that.

bilbous

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 11:30:32 am »
OK :) thanks for checking.

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 02:46:25 pm »
Other than the magic ways, there's only 2 quests which have skill prereqs and they are cooking quests.  In the future, who knows?  There are plenty of places where it makes sense to have skill prereqs.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

bilbous

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 02:55:48 pm »
I've been thinking back on the earlier point about shield crafting books. It would make much more sense to me if the specialized books we are now seeing contained nothing but the assembly instructions and recipes for any parts that are unique to that particular item. We already need a book to heat our raw materials, another for parts common to all equipment of a certain type wouldn't be too much trouble for players. Then if changes need to be made to parts they wouldn't need to be propagated through a dozen books. Maybe it is all references and not a problem as it stands but it would make the books more legible.

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 04:26:53 pm »
Done on Hirenn.

What other mmorpg you can make a request and it gets implemented few hours later? We are magic...  :sorcerer:

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 08:24:23 pm »
Having duplicate entries for intermediate parts saves you some time on switching books around. Since one mostly works on one shield type at a time, less books will be needed in the end for it.

bilbous

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 09:17:50 pm »
All the common intermediary parts are already in the  base shield books. I think it would be easier to have a stock of them available as recommended by NPCs and then just consult your easy to read specific manual when accessing your storage.
I don't know about you but I suffer extreme information overload trying to scan through the myriad unhelpful lines to find the particular ones I need to use. For that matter since the various parts all have the same recipe between the different materials they can be made from it would be much better to have "shape x shield bands from iron, steel, bronze, or gold heated ingots on the anvil with a hammer" in one line rather than in 4 lines mixed in with a lot of other stuff. In the case where different materials become available at different skill levels the materials not yet possible can be left out of the description.

Seriously the way these books are presented is garbage. I started to make manuals that made sense from editable books and if I could keep them in mind then I would finish the lot and give them away to whoever wanted them.

You are talking about the saving of one book in inventory, you make all your parts from the parts book then you switch to assembly book, complete the work and in the meantime you have a handy reference that is fully legible to make sure you have enough parts for what you want to make.

I am sorry for the strong language but that is how I see it. I lose more time looking for the recipes I need for the parts than I ever would switching books. These books appear to be nothing but an unsorted database dump, it can't be that hard to add an 'order by' switch can it?

Really I know how hard the developers are working on this stuff and I am certain there are issues I do not understand, I just get frustrated.

Herihi

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 10:29:18 pm »
I have to agree with Bilbous.  Surely there is a way to make the books at least a little easier to understand.  And someone really needs to get on the whole price thing with crafted items.  Bad enough 300q stock goes for the same price as items made from it.  But now long swords and short swords aren't even worth the material made from them.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 12:55:45 am »
The data you see in the crafting books appears to me to be a raw dump of the combinations. I have never looked at any of the crafting books and assumed that they were the intended final formats of those books. They are hard to read now, but transforming that text into something clearer is something that can be added to the system and applied to all crafting books.