Author Topic: 0.5.9.2 release!  (Read 2794 times)

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5.9.2 release!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 11:09:54 pm »
A little update.

The black bar bug which appeared with the latest release has been fix, if you were suffering from this bug then please run the launcher and it will detect and run an update applying the fix.

And don't forget to come along to the fair on the 17th!

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 11:12:57 pm »
Thanks for the update!

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 02:27:51 pm »
  • Improved the comparison mechanisms used to evaluate the opponent in combat
This looks broken to me.

I wonder once gain if the identification spells will be more useful in the future than they are right now.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 03:00:43 pm »
I tried this last night and found a few things that seemed to be broken - but it could just be my laptop - which is getting old.

The portal between broad 1 and 2 was pitch dark inside. The bf temple was pitch dark. In both cases, hitting f11 and f12 did not help. The seam between the road from the magic shop to the area outside hydlaa was barely visible - hitting f12 fixed this.

I noticed that when crossing seams ( map boundaries?) You get stuck on the ground and need to turn left or right a little to break free. I assume this is intentional. An example of this was the path from hydlaa plaza to east hydlaa.

I'll take another look tonight if time permits.

Also the old outlaws gh looks like its been replaced with a blank gh (same model as the rcd). If this has been wiped intentionally, I still have a key in my inventory- I'll gladly give it back.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 04:19:31 pm »
hey rig,

the portal problems you have, I've not had myself.

Getting stuck at the map portals is a bug that should have been fixed, I guess it is still lingering about.

The OL GH wrong map bug was introduced when the QuestNote update was added and has just been noticed (show how much you guys are using it :P ). All it needs is someone to adjust the AL to change the map name.

Cello

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 06:29:51 pm »
* Cello nods at Rigwyn..
yes, always when you're on the map's stick (until your gfx cope loading the next one) ..quite new experience
pity!

apyj13

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 11:12:00 pm »
Rigwyn,

I have the same problem with the black portals between Ojaroad1 and Ojaroad2 and BDroad1 and BDroad2.  Seems to be an issue with low shaders.  Assuming this is the setting you're using, if you change the shaders to something other than low it seems to be fine, at least for me.  This has been an issue for me prior to this update though.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 12:44:52 am »
Thanks.. I do have shaders set to low and sound off in order to help conserve ram. With only 2 gigs, its somewhat of a need. I'll try tinkering some more when I have a chance.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 01:47:13 am »
I get around the black corridor issue by using autorun. Zoom out and, autorun into the corridor. When you hit the wall in front of you that is the beginning of the first curve to the left, you'll know you've hit the wall by how the camera shifts. Once you hit that, turn very slightly to your left so that your character runs along the wall. Running along the wall is how you know you are still heading in the right direction. Eventually, you will cross the load point. Keep autorunning after you load the next map until you hit another wall then turn right. The is the curve right. You should be able to see the exit onto the next map then.

That method should work for any corridor and on either side of the corridor.

apyj13

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 02:30:46 am »
You can always set your shaders to lowest if you're worried about ram, but I lost all my magic effects when I did that.  Lesser of two evils for me.  The autorun method works fairly well though if the blackness isn't too annoying for you.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 02:32:31 am »
Yeah, lowest worked, but for the most part I'll keep them at some medium setting for the occasional screen shot.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 03:34:55 am »
I noticed that when crossing seams ( map boundaries?) You get stuck on the ground and need to turn left or right a little to break free. I assume this is intentional. An example of this was the path from hydlaa plaza to east hydlaa.

That doesn't seem to be limited to map loading points (the ones with the loading screen) but also other map boundaries. Stopping the movement fixes this for me also without turning. Funny thing: If you have autowalk on, you'll walk on the spot.
I'm gonna request moonwalk for the next version...
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Pakarro

• Hydlaa Resident
  • My kind mistress is Pakerl from "The Family"
    • View Profile
    • meet Pakerl
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 04:45:38 am »
I usually jump over the boundary to avoid the effect. Also looks cool :)
Glad to meet you :)