Author Topic: 0.5.9.4 release!!  (Read 3324 times)

-stf-

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5.9.4 release!!
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 07:37:12 am »
Umm, updater says it's already version 0.5.9.7 ...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:41:27 am by -stf- »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 07:42:47 am »
Yes. We have several parallel version systems, at least: the server version, the client version (readable in the title of the window), and the update patches version (listed in the updaterinfo.xml). Update patches with new data can be released more often than a new client executable. And a new server build won't appear on your own PC at all.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

-stf-

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 10:46:17 am »
Maybe the updater numbering should be something like 0.5.9.4-1, 0.5.9.4-2 to keep the version number with client (the same way like are released updates in openSUSE when it's just security or minor functionality update).

helios21

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 01:25:15 pm »
I restarted the cooking quest chain yesterday. I think its pretty well structured now. Thank you a lot for it.

I am a bit confused about the baking book, cause it seems to be that it already includes all dishes, and it has hints that some dishes can only be done with higher skill level. From herbal I have seen stuff added over time. Is that specific to cooking? Or is that just the way the new, nicely reorganized crafting books work?

Thanks,
Helios21

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 03:47:28 pm »
Or is that just the way the new, nicely reorganized crafting books work?

Yes, that.  It now shows you what you -will- be able to do in addition to what you can already do.  Previously, new entries appeared once you reached the skill to do them.

Also, that text ("With further X skill...") will now be in gray color.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 06:48:17 pm »
Cool Mordaan and all, this an answer from the Gods for sure.

Hey! Are you coming to the (shameless ;D plug division  :woot:) GREAT CONVENTION OF MAGICKS AND MAGES on Saturday MArch 30th USA West coast time PDT 10 am to 2 pm ish?

Might you please join us in the panel discussion of the Ways and way quests, and in the demos?
THANKS!

If I knew how to quote myself from the other thread here, I would, but hey, you all know tech is not my strong topknot...
 :whistling:
RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

helios21

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2013, 08:48:14 am »
Or is that just the way the new, nicely reorganized crafting books work?

Yes, that.  It now shows you what you -will- be able to do in addition to what you can already do.  Previously, new entries appeared once you reached the skill to do them.

Also, that text ("With further X skill...") will now be in gray color.

Thanks, will those hints disappear after my char has enough skill? What I liked about the old approach that my char could know when she was able to do something. When these hints stay all the same, I guess I´d have to bet when thats the case.
Helios21