Author Topic: 0.6.0 Release!  (Read 417259 times)

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: 0.6.0 Release!
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 02:44:57 am »
I just checked the new area. Is the puzzle near the white doors broken?

Mouli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 03:46:08 am »
it worked yesterday...
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians...

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 04:06:39 am »
It still works, just tested.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 01:20:51 pm »
I can describe what I encountered, and it was very confusing. I had no clue whether it was bugged or just a hard puzzle.

1: There are 7 positions like a hexagon with the middle, and there are 6 stones. The description however says there are supposed to be 5 stones.
2: Default images on the stones don't match what is said in the description at all.
3: Stones change their image when you click them multiple times. When you move them they might revert back, or sometimes not. This happens weirdly randomly, so keeping a chosen image is pretty hard.

Is this all by design?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:24:34 pm by Gilrond »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 01:49:51 pm »
And because it was you asking: Kran need food, too! Therefore, special tools to make them:

[picture]

Oh that's nice. Now where is that grill we've been asking for since I was still actively running the tavern? ;D

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 08:08:56 pm »
I can describe what I encountered, and it was very confusing. I had no clue whether it was bugged or just a hard puzzle.

1: There are 7 positions like a hexagon with the middle, and there are 6 stones. The description however says there are supposed to be 5 stones.
2: Default images on the stones don't match what is said in the description at all.
3: Stones change their image when you click them multiple times. When you move them they might revert back, or sometimes not. This happens weirdly randomly, so keeping a chosen image is pretty hard.

Is this all by design?

Something is by design and something no. The minigame puzzle concept has been recently expended but it's still very buggy. The puzzle itself could have been made so that only one solution would be possible but that triggered a bug preventing the teleport script to trigger. This bug has been found few hours before the release so it was not possible to fix it.
About the pieces not exactly matching the description it's a system limit, we have 14 default pieces and we cannot define different texture and icons, so for now the description will try to help the player figure out the actual meaning of the pieces.
Again the systems should be improved (and it will be in time) to make it more robust: for example at the moment the player can mess it up by removing pieces and that should be fixed too.
In my opinion the most confusing bug is the one preventing to add the additional minigame rules to enforce a single solution (I think that can really confuse the players), I think it should not be prove too difficult to fix and can probably be added in the next update.
And because it was you asking: Kran need food, too! Therefore, special tools to make them:

[picture]

Oh that's nice. Now where is that grill we've been asking for since I was still actively running the tavern? ;D
I think there is a grill  ::| ... I need to check ...

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2013, 08:40:59 pm »
So, I didn't exactly understand, is it broken or not? Because after trying to solve it for an hour, nothing happened.

On an unrelated note, did you add any mineable resources in the cave? So far I didn't find any. Even crystals sticking out of the wall didn't yield anything. If you didn't - it makes sense to add some!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:47:11 pm by Gilrond »

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2013, 12:18:38 am »
Let me explain the puzzle problems.

1 - When the server starts it is NOT broken.

2 - Due to bugs in the code it is possible for players to FORCE a piece change, to add pieces, and apparently remove piece. Once a player forces this to happen they break the puzzle and a server restart is required to reset the puzzle.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2013, 12:43:41 am »
Ah, I see. Obviously when I started solving the puzzle it was already thoroughly messed up :D

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2013, 12:06:17 am »
This update is a great step forward.  :thumbup: 

Looking forward to seeing the new spells in game sometime soon, but the rest of it is awesome.  A very well put-together update.
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

sliss

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Sliss
FOSDEM 2014?
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2013, 08:50:33 am »
Hi all,

The update is great! Already got some sexy loot ;-)
I read that the game development room for FOSDEM 2014 is still seeking speakers, is it not a splendit idea to show how far PlaneShift is atm?

Cheers,

Sliss

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2013, 01:19:17 am »
I think it should not be prove too difficult to fix and can probably be added in the next update.

Does this fix for the cave puzzle require just server side or client update as well?

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 11:59:04 pm »
Let me explain the puzzle problems.

1 - When the server starts it is NOT broken.

2 - Due to bugs in the code it is possible for players to FORCE a piece change, to add pieces, and apparently remove piece. Once a player forces this to happen they break the puzzle and a server restart is required to reset the puzzle.

I had a similar problem today as what Gilrond described.  Six game pieces instead of 5.  I tried for a long time but no combination seemed to do anything.

Is it possible to add a reset button to puzzles like this so that if something goes wrong, we don't have to wait for a server reset?
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 06:33:31 am »
I had a similar problem today as what Gilrond described.  Six game pieces instead of 5.  I tried for a long time but no combination seemed to do anything.

Is it possible to add a reset button to puzzles like this so that if something goes wrong, we don't have to wait for a server reset?

A lot of the puzzle problems have been fixed and will be available at the next client/server update. A reset button hasn't been added but the systems should be more robust and more difficult to mess it up.

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 01:20:07 pm »
Good to hear, thanks!  Any hints on when that might be?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:32:52 pm by tman »
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.