Author Topic: Size, Race, Name, and Gender changes  (Read 1441 times)

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
Size, Race, Name, and Gender changes
« on: January 07, 2017, 06:35:04 pm »
Our New Years gift to you, we give you the gift of role-play...

We are officially announcing two in game policies which will take effect immediately. Both of these have previously been used by players and this post is to make them more widely known, and assign rules to their use so everyone make use of them.

Policy 1 - Size Changes.

If you want to play a smaller character... Simply contact a GM and let us know! We would like to assist by making your character ever so slightly smaller, so that people can tell by more than just your description.

You can file a petition or send us a tell just letting us know you'd like to be resized to play a smaller character and we will get it taken care of, simply just let us know which of the two sizes you prefer, 'small' or 'smaller'.

Rules:
*There are two and only two sizes. Small, and Smaller. To request one first refer to the images below to see how they look, and then send your request to a GM.

*Once a request is made and approved, you will be notified. The change will happen when someone is available to do it, so be sure you still want it as you wont be asked again. You can cancel your request up until the time it takes effect.

*Size changes is only to make your character smaller not larger.

*Changes will be permanent (except under the next rule).

*If you are playing a young/child character please let us know so we can make a note. Because if your character grows up and needs to go back to the original size (or up from smaller to small) you must have previously informed us this will be future possibility.

*GM decisions regarding this policy are final, including approving any changes.

You should be aware that making your character smaller will also make them slower on foot, and jump lower. There is also a bug where the scale does not persist when mounted so you will look normal size while riding around.

Policy 2 - Character Name or Race Change:

The reason for this policy is two fold.

First, it is to allow those players who have played PlaneShift a long time to 'reset' a character and take a different direction with role plays without having to lose all they have gained on that character.

Second, it is to allow some freedom to fully Role Play within the Settings of PlaneShift. There are a number of actions that can lead to permanent death for a character. Certain beliefs and causing true death being the two most likely to occur.

As such, we are allowing players to change all the outward appearances related to their character.

In order to apply for this please read the following rules, and then contact a GM with all necessary details (current name, new name, new race, new traits...etc )

This policy does not cover last name changes for IC reasons, those can be done at any time and are limited only by other naming policies and GM approval.

Rules

*The specific account on which the character resides must be at least 6 months old.

*Minimum of 6 months between name changes on any given account, this does not affect requesting changes on other accounts.

*New names must follow all current naming policies, including having a second name even if current character has one name.

*Old names will be blocked from further use, old last names may be blocked unless the player requests the name be available for relations. Last names will never be
blocked if another character already uses it as well.

*Once a name has been blocked it will not be unblocked for use in the future.

*All skills and stats will be kept unchanged.

*Quest resets or wipes to facilitate a new character will not be done.

*Race and sex changes can be done, these must accompany a name change.

*If a race change is chosen a new set of traits must be chosen for all aspects of the new race for which traits are available, as visible in the character creation screen (face/hair style/beard style/hair colour/skin colour).

*Size changes, either making small within the rules detailed above, or re-setting back to normal size can be done on request, these must accompany a name change.

*As this will not change the ID of your character, changing the name of your character will automatically change it on all buddy lists on which you currently reside. As such we can not move your character details to another ID to avoid this.

*All changes are final, if you don't like what you end up with you can not move back.

*GM decisions are final.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:10:11 pm by Venalan »
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Size, Race, Name, and Gender changes
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:40:35 pm »
Great news! I find the option to create smaller child characters a great option. I don't have a use for the name change as outlined, though I am sure there are probably others who will find this useful. What I was wondering is, given that the use of an existing last name is forbidden, if this will allow creating a character and then renaming it to allow one to have relatives.

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 04:19:35 pm »
I guess I should add that it is possible to have to the same last name as another character, all we need is an in game tell or petition from both players (or chars if they are both the same person) stating that's what they want done.
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 06:51:53 pm »
For those playing child characters, it might look more like a child if it was scaled down to 25% or 30% of original size ? Have you guys considered that possibility?

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 08:01:12 pm »
If we go much smaller the heads look distorted. Also if a resized character mounts up they will go back to full size until they dismount again. So we figured this will make it less noticeable, as well as changing size changes speed, so it would make you much slower as well.

The main idea was to give a subtle difference for other players to make them check the description more I guess to make it more obviously noticeable that hey this is not a normal sized person.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:05:00 pm by Emaline »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 02:47:34 am »
How about people who already play a child character for some time, and now that it is suddenly possible, would like to have their char shrinked, but don't want to change the name of it because it has been established over such a long time.

According to your rules, that would not be possible. Or did I misinterpret them?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 03:01:26 am »
How about people who already play a child character for some time, and now that it is suddenly possible, would like to have their char shrinked, but don't want to change the name of it because it has been established over such a long time.

According to your rules, that would not be possible. Or did I misinterpret them?

You did misinterpret, it would be stupid not to be able to shrink your chat without name chance.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 05:14:10 am »
The two different policies are not inherently linked. You can be made smaller with no other changes, as we have already done to people who have requested it. You can have a name change with no other changes, but, the other changes like race or base traits must be accompanied with a name change.

The reason size changes are part of policy 2 is to allow players to make a small character (child or otherwise), and, remove a size change from a small non-child character which is not done as part of policy 1 when they 'reset' their character.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:18:16 am by Venalan »