Author Topic: More shortcuts.  (Read 802 times)

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
More shortcuts.
« on: July 09, 2006, 03:36:07 am »
Does anyone know of a way to expand the current number of shortcut slots? Can the XML shortcut file simply be expanded, or is there a known code fix? Thankyou.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 03:42:03 am by Imshi »
"I am in spectacular shape and my trousers fit quite nicely."

Levrus Dahrenn

Wired_Crawler

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: More shortcuts.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 04:53:21 am »
Oh ? 40 is not enough for You ?  :o What do You hold there  :detective: ?
I remember, somebody asked the same question some time ago.
The number is hardcoded, You would need to change at least one number in source code (NUM_SHORTCUTS in client/gui/shortcutwindow.h) and recompile. But who needs 40 shortcuts... *shrugs*.
"Close the world, txEn eht nepO."

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 07:12:54 am »
Many thanks, "Wired". Seems like to much work to be worth it. As to, "who needs?"......me. Most of my chars have all available glyphs and currently useable spells. Like to have all combat stances/attacks on keyed shortcuts also. I am a slow typist, damaged my hands on a woodburner a few years ago, and use a lot of responses and actions tied to shortcuts for fun and RP. There are a host of useful commands that can be chained in shortcuts. Matter of personal preference. I have created two-dimensional killing machines that used hardly any shortcuts but quickly became bored with them, if you recall the original post could you let me know. Didn't find anything on "search". Thanks again.

Levrus Dahrenn

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 07:21:43 am »
i use 5 shortcuts :p
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Nilrem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 07:26:34 am »
http://www.hydlaa.com/bugtracker/bug.php?op=show&bugid=911&pos=7

Previously there were 30 shortcut slots, now it's increased till 40.

Have you edited those that come "from fabric" and that you don't use, to convert them into ones that you use?

If there's a high demand of more shortcuts I guess they'll be put, and perhaps not in the hardcoded way they're now, perhaps more in a dinamical way, let's say, such as tabs for firefox navigator. You right click on the shortcut window and "new shortcut" and plof! a new shortcut button is appended.
Are there any MoonSeekers left?

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 05:01:24 am »
Thanks, Nilrem. Yes, I am using all 40 slots. You're idea for a dynamic shortcut expansion would be perfect for me, but I doubt that there will be sufficient demand. As Drey says, you only "need " a few shortcuts and perfectly possible to play with none. One of my long term aims is to set up a travelling theatre troupe in the Anglo/French medieval troubador tradition. For scripted performance a large number of slots are needed, it would not be feasible to perform live because of the large amount of combined speech, action and description.

Levrus Dahrenn