Author Topic: Getting the sack  (Read 1091 times)

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Getting the sack
« on: August 15, 2006, 09:20:25 am »
Congratulations to whoever implemented the working sack/bag. Will make life much easier for those whose inventories are overstuffed with glyphs, weapon repair kits, mining and crafting tools. A cautionary note, however. Any objects placed into these sacks seem to lose their weight, I thought they might even be magical "bags of holding". When you then remove from, or place an object into, the inventory the real weight returns. It is quite possible to stuff a sack with massive amounts of ore, dequip the pick, and then view with astonishment an almost complete inventory scattered around you. Fortunately I experimented in a quiet, lonely place. I would hate to see it happen in front of Harnquist's shack.
"I am in spectacular shape and my trousers fit quite nicely."

Levrus Dahrenn

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
Re: Getting the sack
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 09:27:18 am »
I was fortunate enough to find one of these sacks, laying on the ground.
Another drawback is, if you put your glyphs in the bag, your shortcuts no longer work :(

Other than that, great little tool to have in your inventory :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 11:55:49 am by LARAGORN »

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

stfrn

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • the beaver ex-dev :B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 09:46:33 am »
Ah, so it's just when you put things into bags that it forgets to update. Progress over the old bugs :P

Be carefull not too put too much in your bags- check by moving things back and forth to make sure you have the right weight. You don't want to log out with too much of bad things could happen.
player -> gm -> dev -> bum

Goldir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 02:58:33 pm »
The weight of the sack also seems to be cumulative, even after you remove the items from it.  I logged out with most of my possessions and a full load of ore in the sack.  I finally transferred all of my stuff back to my inventory by putting the sack on the ground, but even empty, the sack still weighed 201 KG.  Then the server crashed.  When I logged back on, the sack was still there, but its weight had reset back to 1.0.  I know this is newbie help, not in game bugs, but I figured since we were on the subject.
"Citizens get the government they deserve.  If they want to be coddled and have everything handed to them and taken care of for them, they have no right to complain when all their individual rights and liberties are stripped away to make it happen"

stfrn

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • the beaver ex-dev :B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 03:42:01 pm »
When you log out, your current stats are kept for a few minutes on the server. This is mostly to prevent people from logging out low on health to log back in at full. But the server also won't recalulate your weight if it thinks it knows it.

So, if a bag says it weighs more then it should, log out for more then 5 minutes, and you should be fixed. Also increasing your strength, even just by the spell, has been know to thelp.
player -> gm -> dev -> bum