Author Topic: Magic Suggestions.  (Read 372 times)

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Magic Suggestions.
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:17:09 am »
Spell usage and implementation has improved incredibly in recent times, there are a couple of areas they may possibly be improved further.

1. Auto self cast. If it is not possible to cast a spell on the target then attempt to cast on self [not for damage type spells but heal, buff etc]. For example presently this works for Water Barrier and Defensive Wind, but not for Rock Armour.

2. Defensive buffs directly relate to Way skill level. At present the strength of "Armour" buffs seems to relate to armour worn+armour condition+armour type skill level. Should a defensive effect cast by a character, such as Water Barrier, with 150 BW be as effective as 150 HA with new armour? I would like to think so. The essence of a skill based system is about viable freedom of choice, with this approach a magic oriented character becomes possible without investing time, and possibly uncharacteristic energy, into  "physical" skills.

So what do you think? Maybe this is already planned as part of the new combat system, I could be "mad as a fish" and this would tear apart the fabric of our reality?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:37:12 pm by Imshi »
"I am in spectacular shape and my trousers fit quite nicely."

Levrus Dahrenn

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
Re: Magic Suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 01:42:31 pm »
rock armor data is perfectly identical to water barrier it certainly do cast on self...

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:30:32 pm »
i think Imshi is referring to certain spells that will not cast on self if another target is selected. For instance 'Flaming Weapon' is a buff that can be cast on either yourself or a fellow player, but not on an enemy. If in the middle of a fight this buff wears off and you want to cast it again, you have to target yourself before casting, which isn't always easy to do considering every time a mob hits you, you automatically target it. If you cast the spell when the mob is selected, you get a system message that reads something like, "Flaming Weapon can only be cast on yourself or an ally".

What I think Imshi is asking for is an if/then clause given to these spells along the lines of, "If enemy is targeted, then cast on self". Some spells seem to already have this built in, while others don't.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 03:42:16 pm »
Yes, Aramara explained it much better than I did.
"I am in spectacular shape and my trousers fit quite nicely."

Levrus Dahrenn