Author Topic: Top of the screen is hiding  (Read 1011 times)

Shafaragorn

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Top of the screen is hiding
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:17:30 pm »
So after two and a half weeks of just not running, the client magically decided to load. :) But, the window is moved up about an inch and a half so I can't see the top of the game screen. I can't grab onto the edges to drag it down or anything, and just don't know what else to try. I have windows 8 and I'm running the updated version of the game.

Any help would be appreciated as not being able to see the top bit of the screen will probably get annoying after awhile... :-\

Thanks,
Ziara

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Top of the screen is hiding
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 02:57:51 pm »
Details, Details, Details ... please.

Graphic chipset? Driver version? Driver origin (Windows update / chipset manufacturer)? Desktop resolution? Game window resolution set up in the launcher? Fullscreen activated?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Shafaragorn

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 05:05:40 pm »
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 - 9.18.10.3257
I can't remember if I've ever updated it or not.
Screen resolution 1600x900
Game resolution 1600x1200
Fullscreen not activated

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 05:15:05 pm »
Game resolution should match screen resolution. That's like trying to fit a long, rectangle block into a square hole.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Shafaragorn

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 05:22:57 pm »
The resolutions don't match up till 1024x768, and even then the game screen is still floating above where it should. It's lower though so it could just be a resolution problem. I'll try different combinations...

Edit: The game screen finally lowered enough for me to see the top of it with the game resolution at 1280x960 with my computer back at 1600x900. Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:28:18 pm by Shafaragorn »

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 07:02:08 pm »
Set your screen ratio to 16:9 in the Launcher, then 1600x900 in the dropdown.
"I am in spectacular shape and my trousers fit quite nicely."

Levrus Dahrenn

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 07:40:23 pm »
So after two and a half weeks of just not running, the client magically decided to load. :) But, the window is moved up about an inch and a half so I can't see the top of the game screen. I can't grab onto the edges to drag it down or anything, and just don't know what else to try. I have windows 8 and I'm running the updated version of the game.

Any help would be appreciated as not being able to see the top bit of the screen will probably get annoying after awhile... :-\

Thanks,
Ziara

hi this look like a very old bug appeared (and fixed) 2 updates ago (still in 5.9.xx). I recommend to update as soon as possible or in the worst case to re-install the game.

Shafaragorn

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »
Set your screen ratio to 16:9 in the Launcher, then 1600x900 in the dropdown.

Bit of common sense I completely missed. The game screen now fits perfectly. Thank you everyone!  :)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 12:52:47 pm »
It needs some getting used to the requirement to first choose an aspect ratio, and then select a matching resolution.

If you edit the correct configuration file manually, you can set up any arbitrary resolution for the game window; multiples of at least 16 are preferrable, though.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty