Author Topic: Can't choose life events when creating my character  (Read 830 times)

Kylar

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Can't choose life events when creating my character
« on: September 21, 2011, 02:50:14 am »
Everytime i click on the arrow to add a life events to the selected events list, it doesn't work so i can't advance in creating my character. Help?

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Can't choose life events when creating my character
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 05:01:05 am »
Check if you have enough CP points left. If those are at 0 it will not let you add any more events. Or you should select events which are negative and so giving you back some points. Go to the previous page and change some elements to get more points.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:37:13 am »
Some of the earlier choices in your character generation will have limited your Characfter Points already. Your choice of religion, of siblings, or the professions of your parents (especially if they were famous or even exceptional)... this will have shaped your character already enough to have only few important events left.

"Life events" will alter your start-up skills or stats slightly, but sometimes in a surprising way, not always as you would expect from their title only.

But the impact is still rather small. It doesn't hurt too much chosing a not really optimal selection. All the implemented skills can be practiced later, even if you start at level 0 in them.
__

There are just very few possible unfortunate combinations, e.g. if you have a rather "intellectual" race and chose options which increase mental stats further and decrease physical stats instead, you may have a hard time passing even the East quarter of Hydlaa without the need to sit down and recreate. But achieving such an extreme result already requires a "cheat sheet" to pick such a combo on purpose...

As long as you compare the Character Points with the description of the event, you will probably chose a combination which will give you a useful character.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 09:46:37 am »
This happened to me too back in '06  and I can tell you that I wasn't out of CP back then. Maybe it was my computer

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 04:06:03 pm »
In my problem riddled client ive got the same problem. Can't put them in unless I do a random, and then I cant take it out to just kinda do it by luck. Cant delete characters neither.

Maybe you've got the one in a thousand client experience destroying bug ive got? Welcome to the club brother. XD

Kylar

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 06:47:36 pm »
(sigh) Just my luck. Oh well, thanks guys

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 07:25:51 pm »
i had this trouble with 1 button before that wouldn't click but if i moved the mouse a litle to the side it started to work, like the image wasn't in it's rightfull place.